• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by nixie.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Microshift dropbar shifters with Shimano mech.
  • nixie

Anyone has any experience of this combo? I’ve got a set of Microshift SB-M110 11-speed shifters which are supposed to be compatible with Shimano MTB mechs. I’m trying to use a SLX m7000 11 speed mech but cannot get it to work. It looks like the shifter is pulling too much cable for the mech (mech arm is almost touching cable port on 8/10 clicks). Result is double cog skips will shifting up.

Shifter details here (though mine is the short reach version) https://www.microshift.com/models/sb-m110/

montgomery
    Free Member

That’s distressing to hear, I’ve got a set of those waiting to go on a bike in the near future.

bikerevivesheffield

Is the cable on the correct side of the tab/routing?

nixie

Is the cable on the correct side of the tab/routing?

On the mech, yes and in the groove. Cabled that same as my MTB and worked when out on the MTB. Also checked the Shimano tech doc to confirm incase I was being stupid.

Hopefully it is something really simple. I tried everything I could think of before noticing the cable pull was wierd (checked hanger, used spare b link, rebuilt on another frame, different wheel + cassette and then checked mech by swapping it onto another bike). Shop has asked to inspect since my post so they are now in the way back.

bikerevivesheffield

Pic of the setup on the mech?

nixie

No afraid not, got the email about sending back and wanted to make the last post so pulled it all apart double quick. Would have been a good idea 🤦‍♂️.

nixie

I have also checked the pull with the wheel out and limit screws at widest range. Got 8 clicks before it would not go any further vs 10 with mech disconnected.

bikerevivesheffield

You did set it at no clicks when you started? Ie when the shifter was in the rating position?

nixie

Yeap, several times. Had the cable out as well to check it was in the shifter end properly. Very puzzling.

Thanks for the suggestions though 👍.

montgomery
    Free Member

Did you resolve this? I’m going to install mine over the Easter weekend. One thing that strikes me is the trigger mechanism only works one way; you’re entirely reliant on the rear mech pulling it back the other. New cable housing with a clean run?

nixie

I did yes. Shifters went back to the supplier and a replacement set arrived yesterday. I put them on last night and can now get all 11 gears 👍. I asked but did not get an answer to what they thought was up.

The mech spring doing the cable return is normal.

montgomery
    Free Member

The mech spring doing the cable return is normal.

Not generally to the extent that the mechanism doesn’t move when you press the paddle, which is the case with mine. I’ll be interested to see what happens when they’re rigged up with a cable attached to the mech.

nixie

Both sets I’ve had were like that and there was no issue with cable return.

From the cable installation manual link on the product page above.

Our MTB and IGH drop bar shifters do not have return springs.
    They rely on the derailleur’s spring tension to up shift.
    If you have disconnected the shift cable before putting the shifter in the
    small cog position, gently pull on the cable while depressing the small
    shift paddle.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.