Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Michael Portillo
  • matt_outandabout

derek_starship
    Free Member

I like him. I find his presenting very warm and engaging.

Only Mike can get away with raspberry trousers, a primrose shirt and royal blue blazer.

I’ve never noticed what he is shod with though…

I think I’d enjoy a couple of pints and a chat with him.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I really enjoy his train journey stuff on TV – the latest ones make me want to wander round India on the trains.

matt_outandabout

I’m watching it – bringing some childhood memories flooding back. Lunch on the train in those stainless tins, the taste of chai served by the wallah through the window…

kimbers

It’s bath time !

maccruiskeen

“Tonight Matthew I’m going to be Michael Flatley”

hugo
    Free Member

It’s an advert for politicians having a career where they come into contact with regular people before entering politics!

Editing the Spectator doesn’t count. Would love to see people such as successful Doctors and Teachers running things such as, let’s say, health care and schools …!

Going to watch this now. Off to that part of the world on Monday.   Can’t wait. Curry breakfast, mmmm.

MSP

I am surprised he has been able to pull the wool over so many peoples eyes with his stage managed “road to Damascus” greenwashing  moment. Anyone watching his political commentary would see his politics never changed, just his presentation.

cheese@4p

He still comes across as a dyed in the wool Tory on Moral Maze IMO

kimbers

Politically in not a fan

But it was funny seeing him take his ro see petal bath last night

Nico
    Free Member

So, what about Giles Brandreth?

muzz
    Free Member

Beautiful, splendid man .

drlex
    Free Member

Wonder if Ed Balls’ agent is trying to find him a TV-friendly interest and a sympathetic production company?

Junkyard
    Free Member

So, what about Giles Brandreth?

Mildly amusing Radio 4 eccentric* raconteur with political views worse than his jumpers.

you?

* radio 4 eccentric not actually eccentric.

sas78

Seems a decent sort of chap, and in the Kenneth Clarke mold.

Although he has the most magnificent middle names ever (according to Wikipedia!)…

Denzil Xavier…. #SWOON!!!

Which would make the most marvellous name for a character in a marvel movie!

ctk
    Free Member

I saw him filming a walk near Kew Gardens a few years back- he made it look so difficult!  But to be fair he does the meeting people bits very well.

ransos
    Free Member

Seems a decent sort of chap, and in the Kenneth Clarke mold.

Clarke was Health Secretary during the haemophilia/ HIV scandal in the 1980s. His (in)actions were the opposite of decent.

Klunk
    Free Member

Kenneth Clarke the fag smuggler ?

Portillo looks like he needs cut back on the port, he’s getting a boozers nose

globalti
    Free Member

In one of the earlier British Railway Journey shows he approached a couple sitting at an outdoor table, they looked up and the woman greeeted him “Oh, hello Mr Porta…. ”  so now we always call him Portaloo.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Michael Portillo’ is closed to new replies.