Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Michael Bonney
  • scotroutes

I know many of the forum users don’t bother to look at the front pages, so I’ll post this here..

Tributes pour in as industry legend Michael Bonney says final goodbye on Facebook

No words really.

Houns

Brave, brave man. Utterly heart breaking. Hope the trails are always dry and downhill for him

iainc

Read this on FB a few hours ago, so sad.. 😞

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Grim, just grim.  Brave man.

salad_dodger

Wow. Incredible chap and very lucky to have such wonderful family and friends to support him. Tough read that was.

franksinatra

I can’t even begin to imagine how I would cope with either the enormity of his accident, the challenges he has faced since or the decision he has just made. I could only hope to be able to do so with as much dignity and eloquence as he has displayed. Totally tragic.

butcher

That’s a sobering read. Life can be shit at times. Good luck on your journey to the other side.

kayak23

Amazing and so humbling.

k371
    Free Member

Good night. Peace to you and your loved ones.
    DT.

scuttler

God I only hope I have that strength of character if I ever find myself in such a situation. RIP Michael.

Trimix
    Free Member

Thats quite upsetting.

I shall stop moaning about stuff and remember the things he said next time Im feeling down / lazy / annoyed about my first world problems / complaining about the weather or work or pretty much anything.

darthpunk
    Free Member

What Trimix said, my problems are really nothing more than first world gripes.

I would only hope to one day be able to find a 10th of the character in myself that Michael and Linzi has endured over the last 6 and a half years. I hope you find peace.

mrmoofo

Very sad indeed … but a really grim place to be

Trimix
    Free Member

I shall go for a bloody good bike ride this weekend and have a think about what he said. All you are left with are mates and memories.

neilthewheel

Terribly sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Lost for words. I remember reading about Michael’s accident and until now had completely forgotten about it.

Exemplary courage and strength and fluidity in his thoughts.

Ride on forever Michael.

racefaceec90

my condolences to michael ‘s family and friends

i hope you are in a better place now.

scotroutes

It’s a small thing, but it’s a shit day here and I’ve spent the morning pondering how wet it is. News of Michael came through and I just thought “**** it, it’s only rain”, so I’ve spent a couple of hours splashing through puddles and thinking how grateful I am that I still have the choice to do so.

Andy_K

Sounds like he did well to put up with it for over 6 years. May he be fondly remembered by all who knew him.

jamj1974

I hope he has found peace.  A brave man both to carry on for so long but then to also know when to quit.

So sad that part of his decision was based on failure of the system to provide adequate care…

sharkattack

Never met the bloke but I read that at work today and it broke me a bit. It put my own moaning and whinging into perspective.

Totally understand his decision.

Drac

Inspiring in his industry and inspiring in his farewell.

coatesy
    Free Member

Met him quite a few times through work, a lovely guy, will be missed by many.

chestrockwell

Didn’t know him but felt like I did a bit as he was a font of knowledge about all things early Orange on retrobike having been with the company from the start. Always happy to give us Luddites the information we craved along with stories of the early days.

Just hideous what happened to him, absolutely desperate. Ride free and happy wherever you end up Michael.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm… I read all of that.

A decent honest evaluation of the situation he has endured from his point of view. Fabulous, heartbreaking but fabulous.

duncancallum

Proper strength of character.

There by the grace of God….

matt_outandabout

Ooft, that’s hard to read.

Wookster

How desperately sad. What a great post and goodbye. Thoughts with his family and friends.

hot_fiat

That is truly sad. I have no words. My thoughts go out to Linzi and his family.

batfink
    Free Member

Jesus **** – what terrible news. Am in awe of his strength and dignity, even to the last

There by the grace of God….

Exactly this…. reminds you of how fleeting and random life is.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Following his story on FB last few years and thought although it was a tragic event he shows great courage and a positive attitude. Made me think if I, a friend or family member was in the same situation, there may still be hope for a future.

Then I read this yesterday and it hits home how hard it really has been. Was a hard thing to read and can only hope he finds peace and thoughts to his family and friends.

As already said, it’s sad his comments about issues with care.

senorj

Sad, but an end of suffering has to be better.
    What a dignified way to bow out. Fair play.

mucker

RIP

teamslug
    Free Member

RIP Michael. A very frank post and very hard to read. Gives perspective on life and making the sure its lived to the fullest.

Digby

Met him very briefly many years ago – top bloke.

Found it very difficilt to read his post yesterday, but at the same time his positive attitude, honesty, and it has to be said his cracking sense of humour and perspective shone through!

#RideForMichael

scud
    Free Member

It just shows that whilst his body may have let him down, he had the mental strength and fortitude to make a decision none of us will ever want to have to take. He fought a very brave battle and whilst i am not a religious man, if there is a God, he is about to receive one of the good ones.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Fabulous and sad in equal measure.

Best wishes to all left behind.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

if there is a God, he is about to receive one of the good ones.

Very true but he won’t see much of him co we all know where Micheal will be.
    Out on the bike!

I was waiting for some disabled kids to come out of school (not what it sounds) when I read about it on FB. Couldn’t read it all cos I can’t drive a minibus with tears in my eyes….

iamtheresurrection

Talk about perspective.

Ride in peace, Michael.

granny_ring

WOW, what a brave man.
    RIP sir.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.