Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Michael Bonney
  • donkeysled

RIP Michael

rubymurry
    Free Member

That’s a tough read, a very brave man, will be missed by many. Ride all day long Michael 😥

rockhopperbike

Incredible that he put up with so much for so long, I never really considered the secondary effects of paralysis as he mentioned!
    That was definitely a very sad and moving read but I wish him well in the next life – and for everyone around him to remember him for how he wanted to be remembered.

Philby

What a beautifully written but heartbreaking piece and what an incredibly brave man! Thoughts to his family and friends at this difficult time! RIP Michael 😥

smudgey
    Free Member

I remember him having his accident.Its really sad for him and his family. RIP.Sounds to be a very brave and nice man.

goby

Ah man that is heart breaking to read, what a brave man! ride in peace Michael.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Read the FB post last night which made me blub a bit. As another poster mentioned, I’ve never really thought about it from from someone in his situations point of view. It sounds bloody awful and in some way it’s good that he managed to call time on it rather than suffering longer than needed. Whilst loosing someone is incredibly sad (been there too many times) prolonging the suffering of a once active person is worse in many ways.

halifaxpete

Read his post on FB ‘tother day, a sad/hard read but totally understandable..brave man. I’ll dig my Orange out in his memory next time I’m out, RIP.

big_scot_nanny

Sheesh, what a brave bloke, incredibly unlucky and a powerful decision.

I remember reading about it when it happened too, could be anyone, shocking outcome. All the best for the future to the family

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’m only pleased he had a choice. RIP good man.

Mark
    Alphabet

RIP. I’ll ride in your memory next time I’m out on my Alpine.

v8ninety

Just read the obituary above. A lovely, moving piece, so obviously from the heart. Thank you.

RIP.

fossy

RIP.

Hit’s home with me as I’ve got away with a badly broken spine on the bike (car caused it). Very very lucky indeed. He was far stronger than I could have been.

chestrockwell

Just read the obituary above. A lovely, moving piece, so obviously from the heart. Thank you.

Very much this.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

It was a privilege to have known Michael, I did a few modifications to his wheel chair for him and a few jobs on his van, It was always good to help him out in small way, I will miss the chats about bike the bike Industry,and they way he perked up once we were talking about the projects he was involved in. I think the Legacy he has left with Orange Bikes, and more recently Identiti cannot be underestimated, and its good to know mountain bikers are enjoying bikes with Michaels influences that will be ridden well into the future and beyond.

Rest in Peace Mike, youve earned it.

hondated
    Free Member

Aged 68 I must have read thousands of books and millions of words but none of them have touched me more than Michaels. I could say so much but I will precis it by just saying what a brave man Michael clearly was and I hope that his family & friends take comfort from knowing he is no longer in pain.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.