• This topic has 65 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Mens’ European MTB champs today (possible splers
  • nbt

It’s the mens’s MTB XC medla event at the Munich European Championships today

https://results.mun.mev.atos.net/ECM2022/en/results/cycling-mountain-bike/daily-schedule.htm

Start time is 4pm UK time. Tom Pidcock is racing for GB

Coverage on GCN / Eurosport, and of course free to air on BBC – apparently on BBC1 today, mnaybe because they think Tom’s got a chance of winning?

nbt

(Duplicate thread, use the other one as this wil hopefully vanish)

desperatebicycle

I used the other one and they closed it just as I’d finished typing some shit. Cheers

weeksy

Doesn’t seem to be on Eurosport TV…. maybe on the player, so looks like i’ll be on BBC for that.

windyg
    Free Member

What a dull course.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

#crossiscoming

MrPottatoHead

GCN commentary isn’t up to much either. Missing the Rob and Bart bants. Not sure it’s good enough to just keep reading out the order of riders.

This is going to be an easy win for Pidders though and a good warm up for next week.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

imagine the first group of 5 softwheeling at the end of lap 2 through the finish and letting pidcock back in 😂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

where’s Flückiger?

weeksy

He’s flucked.

bigdaddy

There must be better commentators available to the BBC surely? Again and again it’s painfully poor… Doesn’t help when you try and be enthusiastic about your sport to people does it!

scud
    Free Member

I’m going to tape the commentary in case i can’t sleep later…

Pidders come back from falling off, 32nd position straight to front.. won’t be a bad day for Ineos if they have European MTB champion and hour record holder in a day. And we thought EF had the alternate calendar riders!

chaos

Virtually a CX course other than the handful of rocks and no staircase.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

time for the TTT at the vuelta as well

VanHalen

thats got to be the worst course i`ve ever see! lets all pray for a massive rainstorm.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

2/3 already playing with each other for placing, no choice to let him go

kingmod
    Free Member

CX course. Pidcock just finished his warm up and starting to make the others look decidedly average.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

lost feed has made it more interesting 😂

grahamt1980

Doesn’t exactly look like the most challenging of courses. Obvs different when you are riding at threshold but still not much tech

VanHalen

why would you ride an fs bike? why would you even ride a mtb for that matter! haha

scud
    Free Member

has BBC lost feed or just GCN?

windyg
    Free Member

BBC feed still up

thepurist

still not much tech

Not helped by the camera angles effectively hiding some of the built sections.

weeksy

What’s the point of that little box thing after feed point?

Is that a feature? Lol

grahamt1980

Need more cowbell!

scud
    Free Member

And there goes GCN feed again…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

only 100 odd miles to Albstadt, why couldn’t it be there

BBC feed still up, comms better than GCN by far

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cowbell is the most tech section

poah
    Free Member

watched a bit of it, got bored and switched off. What a shit course.

merk
    Free Member

They seem to have got the audio feed mixed up with a state funeral.

scud
    Free Member

Pidders just showing off now.. i got excited when they said “wall ride”… and then i saw the course, i reckon you’d be quicker on a gravel bike.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did he nearly get the finish line wrong? 😂

grahamt1980

I think he looked a bit confused as to where the others are.
    Hope he can get the world xc next week to go with world cx, euro xc, the alpe etc etc

weeksy

Anyone else think he’ll do more laps just to get a decent workout in?

bluedynamo
    Free Member

Feel as though everyone’s being a bit harsh on Rob Hatch’s commentary on BBC. MTB comms isn’t his usual gig but thought he was doing an ok job considering he was flying solo and the unexciting course. I never understand why they don’t have co-commentators for these type of events?!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’m going against the grain here, but I quite enjoyed it. Yeah the course wasn’t great but pretty sure it was tough covering 8 laps; I’ve ridden Hadleigh a few times and that’s quite tame also, as ever cameras don’t show the true gradient, but lap after lap makes it much harder (obviously). Well done TP.

13thfloormonk

I always find the weird contrived ‘features’ on these courses a bit lame, although the Olympic course definitely raised the bar.

Compare that to the Namur CX course from a few years ago, TP must have thought he was on his holidays! 😂

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Course design by Stevie Wonder……….I counted 6.5 berms un-touched by tyres because they were all off-line.

susepic

TP in a class of his own. Doubt any other rider had a similar pre-race schedule to TP.
    Tame course does make one wonder why they didn’t go a little out of town for some proper hills.
    Interesting that the Olympia Berg they were racing on is an artifical hill, and made mostly from the rubble of a bombed out Munich after WW2.

windyg
    Free Member

Tough gig for the commentator, hard to have much to say when the only interest was one rider coming to the front and job done, the 2nd/3rd looked like they didn’t care where they finished.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.