Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Men and Jewellery
  • Daffy

Watch only, and even that is a recent development.

hodgynd
    Free Member

A “dress” watch ..currently awaiting repair ( as it has been for over a year now ) ..as I think the repair cost is extortionate for a bracelet requiring a couple of pins and always seem to have more pressing things to spend my hard earned on ..one day!
    I used to wear a wedding ring ..but that got thrown off the Tyne Bridge at Newcastle over thirty years ago when that phase of my life ended 😁 .
    Have previously worn a gold / black onyx dress ring ( still have it ) and gold rope chain ..but can’t remember the last time ..don’t really feel the need …

maccruiskeen

Prince albert CFH?

Princess Ann

funkmasterp

Really not grasping what it is you’re aiming for here. Not everything has to be about gender.

That being the case, you’ve grasped exactly what I was aiming for.

I normally appreciate your posts and wit, but as I said previously not everything has to be related to gender. I was asking specifically about men because I don’t see many men wearing jewellery. If I’d wanted to ask about women I’d have asked about women. Therefore your comment has no bearing on the thread. I’m going to report you to you for this 😉

Thanks to everyone else. A real mix across the board. I’m quite tempted to have a search for my thumb ring.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Not a big fan of visible jewellery so most days I just go for a pair of nipple bolts and a watch. Just like the presenter on BBC Dragon’s Den.

stevego
    Free Member

wedding ring (comes off for climbing, stays on for riding but I wear full finger gloves), watch (black citizen ecodrive thingy) and 2 earings (small stainless rings)

tazzymtb

Engagement ring, Nose ring, up to 16 earrings depending on mood of various sizes including big wooded things shoved through stretched holes, numerous body rings, nice watch form posh or TomTom watch for heart rate etc.. couple of silver bangles and an option for various other bits n bobs depending on the situation. For work I look like a normal with everything out of my face and suited and booted.

funkmasterp

With those big stretchy earrings, do your lobes remain stretched to the full extent when you remove them or does the hole shrink to some degree?

plumber
    Free Member

only thing I wear now is 2 nipple rings
    never worn a watch
    used to wear a leather necklace with a silver symbol
    Used to have both ears pierced twice – 80s

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm..

Nothing.

I hate anything flapping around wrists or rings that clang on desks or tables.

Each to their own BTW.

I’m just a bit “no thanks”

Cufflinks, yeah I own a couple of pairs of those silk knots.. and a pair of gold 50’s designed things from my grandfather. But wearing them? Nah, that’s all a bit early 00’s red braces YahYah for me.. even at black tie do’s I’ll wear button cuffs.

Watches, I own 7. All bought because I liked them. But they’re not status symbols or anything bling. Just functional and subdued. Never wear any of them, in fact 4 have batteries flattened.. the only one I really love, and occasionally comes out to play is my original TAG F1 in tasteful orange and orange strap (and I have the steel bracelet too) bought with my first salary after Uni. It looks tiny now and yet when I’ve worn it (once a year maybe) someone’s always commented on it… probably because it’s so small and looks a bit limp compared to these planet sized faces you get these days. I might wear it today, thanks for the prompt.

I’m not so sure of those wrist leather/braided bracelets, some look nice, some obviously mean something Thai Religious/spiritual but most look untidy and about to fall off. Couple of IB guys I know have them, one proclaims “it brings me luck” yeah, whatever. It looks like it’s about to fall off mate is all I think when I see it pop out below his cufflinked shirt cuff.. 🤷‍♂️

kilo

Wedding ring and a watch (change which one I wear according to mood). Thankfully cuff links seem to be a disappearing accouterment so don’t bother with them unless black tie, absolutely pointless things.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’m 65 soon, I’ve never cared much what people think about what I wear, I care even less now.

52 here and thinking pretty much the same. Age is a number, nothing more.

SaxonRider

I used to have earrings (3 in left; 1 in right), and took them out in the mid-1990s. Otherwise, I had a wedding ring, a watch, and a small chain with a cross.

My wedding ring got cut off after a bike accident for which I needed surgery (a number of years ago) and I have never replaced it; the watch I just got out of the habit of wearing; the gold of the chain wore through.

I have never replaced my wedding ring, and only in the last year have I started to wear a chain again with a cross again. I have two watches that I like, but I always forget to put one on.

kimbers

prince albert

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Help For Heroes wrist band thats been on there since I went to RAF Akrotiri back in 2009 i think it was.

mattbee

Watch and a wedding ring for me. I donswap the wedding ring out for a silicons one when I’m working or on the bike. I suppose I could just leave it off but I’ve worn one for so long (well, 16 years anyway) that it feels odd not to.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Men and Jewellery’ is closed to new replies.