Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mediterranean with Simon Reeve
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bnb6tt

As excellent as ever. Only just got round to episode one, sadly. Challenging, thought provoking, witty, charming. Just great T.V.

Highly recommended.

Oh, and did anyone else spot the Scott Octane FX 3(?) with Z1s on the front? (I should get out more!)

CountZero

Watched it last night, I try to catch most of his things, he’s a very good presenter, and very engaging.

taxi25
    Free Member

Watched episode 2 last night, genuinely moved by some people’s plights. Like him I won’t take a side, but why the f%$# can’t we be nicer to each other ???

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’d never ever seen it before but was looking for something non reality and interesting, so watched episode 2. Found it very enjoyable watching.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

something non reality

I’d say it’s very much reality, almost painfully so some times! 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah both episodes so far have been very well done and thought-provoking.

Was the Israeli desalination plant stuff a bit exaggerated though (in terms of cost of production at least), I didn’t think they were really viable yet due to the energy costs involved (unless you’re a rich country/have plenty of free oil for the power)?

globalti
    Free Member

It’s very good and seeing the Lebanon episode has just made me want to go there all the more. I used to love going to Syria and I have many Lebanese customers in Africa so I reckon I would really enjoy Lebanon.

VanHalen

lebanon looks amazing.

I was really happy to leave israel when i visited recently.

i loved the way he caused a family fight in cyprus!

His tv programmes are always worth watching.

zippykona

Has anyone been to see his shows?

Saw him in guildford last night and he managed to turn his really interesting tv programme into a total borefest.

Danny Baker he is not.

Marin
    Free Member

Had tickets to see him in Liverpool but went riding in Nepal for a month so missed it. Such are the pressures of life. Good program and good reinforcement of how lucky we are to be European…oh hang on not for much longer.

verses

I saw his live show a few weeks ago.  Found it interesting enough, but it’s fair to say he lacks pizazz…

cinnamon_girl

His programmes are rather “lite” for me.

scruff9252

We saw him in Dunfermline a couple of weeks ago. He talked for 3 hours in front of a black screen and put up only a couple of pictures / snippets from his shows.

It could of done with being a bit shorter a talk. Interesting enough guy who made the most of a lucky break but jings! can he witter on!

chrismac

I’ve watched the series so far and fund his whole delivery irritating and either dumbed down or incredibly nieve. He can’t really be that innocent. His explanation of the mess in Libya was comical

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mediterranean with Simon Reeve’ is closed to new replies.