Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maxxis Forekaster (2022 version) thoughts?
  • prezet
    Free Member

Considering a tyre change on my Chameleon for summer – and was thinking about a Dissector/Recon combo, but then I noticed the Forekaster got updated last year. Has anyone ridden the new version? What are your thoughts? Good as a front / rear / both setup? Looking for something that will roll well but still bite in loose corners.

marsbarman
    Free Member

I’ve had a 29×2.4 EXO MaxxTerra I put on a Fuel EX. Spent a few days in the Peaks in some terribly wet weather back in February, dealt with everything brilliantly and the only sketchy descent was Cavedale.. but given the wet limestone even the Assegai I’ve got on the other bike may have suffered.

I’ve got an EXO+ Reckon on the way to make a summer trail set up with the Forekaster. Currently a more winterised set up on the bike..

kelvin

I’ve got an *EXO+* Reckon on the way

Ooo… where from? I thought they were OeM for Orbea only? Great rear summer tyre.

marsbarman
    Free Member

Work in an LBS so ordered through Madison, stock due mid this month. Any shop with a Madison account ‘should’ be able to get one on order for you.

kelvin

OeM exclusive deal period must have ended. I’ll get on it.. thanks.

prezet
    Free Member

Hmm I hadn’t considered a Forekaster front and Recon rear … could be a good option.

devash
    Free Member

Looks like an interesting tyre, like a mini-Dissector (which is actually an amazing front tyre in itself).

honourablegeorge

Would Forekaster front, Dissector rear be a daft combo?

heebyjeeby

I have the latest version. Ran originally front and rear however I didn’t really rate it as a front tyre – not very confidence inspiring to me anyway.
    I had a relatively new Dissector lying about and have put that on the front and happy with that combo (the opposite way round to honourablegeorge aboves query) and am happy with that. Seems to roll well and prefer the Dissector upfront to the Forekaster…though others may not share this view of the Dissector on the front.

marksnook
    Free Member

Just ordered a forecaster and a dissector as slightly faster tyres for xc ish stuff. Allowing for riding trails as well! They are both planned as front tyre to maintain some grip. While I plan to get a faster rear tyre. They arrived today and I actually fancy the forecaster up front and the dissector rear as a wet weather ish combo.
    I wanted some faster (than minion combo) tyres for hots
    Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.