Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Maxxis Beaver EXC 29er – Stock??
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some beavers??

warns74
    Free Member

Ive been trying to find out if the 2.25 version are going to be available and just had the most frustrating conversation with Maxxis UK helpdesk who were utterly useless and dont even know their own products!!

matthew_h
    Free Member

The new 2.25 EXO Beavers are due early December according to our rep. I’m waiting for a pair as they answer both of my issues with the previous Beavers.

warns74
    Free Member

Good to hear the 2.25s are on their way, which is more than Maxxis UK could tell me!

Dougal
    Free Member

Importer said 2nd week of December when asked last week.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Well I guess I might as well wait for the 2.25 version in that case.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Anyone seen any stock of these yet anywhere?

robarnold
    Free Member

Due in 7th Jan

z1ppy

shhhh, some of us have been waiting ages, and don’t need johnny-come-lately to rush in and buy all the stock! 😯

Buzzard
    Free Member

fair dues but have been waiting to buy a winter tyre for almost 2 months. I think Ive reached the end of the weather range for mt RR’s (as in a good 6 weeks ago). Will be keeping my eyes peeled and will appreciate a heads up (off-course only once you have all placed your oders)

robarnold
    Free Member

shhhh, some of us have been waiting ages, and don’t need johnny-come-lately to rush in and buy all the stock!

Ha ha. I bore that in mind. You will no doubt notice that I didn’t say where it was available on that date 😀

Buzzard
    Free Member

Robarnold – once you have yours please let the rest of us in on the secret

z1ppy

as there’s only one supplier I can find listing the 7th as a delivery date and they come top of (my) google search Buzz, they shouldn’t be hard to find.

toons
    Free Member

now the 9th 🙁

NextDayTyres
    Free Member

ahem sorry for the delay, but they are finally arriving tomorrow 😀

http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/MAXXIS-BEAVER-MTB-29/207/1195

mrjmt
    Free Member

If anyone is after the 29er 2.0″ EXCs they’re cheap and in stock at stif.

NextDayTyres
    Free Member

Arrived NOW
    29″ Beaver 2.25 EXO Dual Compound

http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/29-Maxxis-Beaver-EXO/207/1195

z1ppy

purchased! :mrgreen:

toons
    Free Member

ordered 🙂

steel4real
    Free Member

NDT – What about the 26 x 2.25 version ?

toons
    Free Member

they stopped making them 😉

Buzzard
    Free Member

Mine purchased too.

steel4real
    Free Member

toons – like it 🙂

26 x 2.25 arrived in stock today and I’ve ordered one !

I’m quite looking forward to trying it out on the front – hoping it will grip as well or better than a 2.35 ST minion F, not as well as a ST Swampthing BUT with a lot less drag.

toons
    Free Member

The 26″ just got 4.5 stars in mbuk.

Just fitted mine they’re quite a bit narrower that the 2.25 nobby Nic they replaced!

z1ppy

Got mine fitted up front & used it tonight for a short slushy ride round. Around the same size as the 2.2 Ardent it replaced. Seems to work well, outer treads knobs gripping better than the ardent, but still too early to push it too far.
    Nextdaytyres true to their name, tyre came next day, great service

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve always used schwalbe but the new 2.25 looks really good.

Anyone know what the 29er 2.25 beaver weighs?

Do they work tubeless?

Thanks

z1ppy

765g according to NDT’s link & yep mine (2.25) is installed tubeless

Paceman
    Free Member

How’re the 2.25 versions doing in the mud?

I’ve been a fan of the 29×2.0 Beavers in all but really deep gloop but waiting for the new version with the EXO sidewalls and more grip when leaning the bike I’m hoping due to the extra width/volume.

z1ppy

Not sure how the 2.25 will help in really deep gloop TBH, as there a not a full on mud tyres (ala Trail raker or Swamp thing), more of a compromise all rounder with mud ability, and the extra width ain’t gunna help for that.

That said I believe (after 2 rides) that there very good, I feel more confident since swapping the Ardent up front & believe there holding lines better in the mud, but I’m still riding with the mindset of where the Ardent could be pushed to, so am yet to explore the limits of the tyre.
    Also this is my first 29er “mud tyre” and only 2nd front I’ve used, so I’m hardly in a position to be able to exclaim that there the best winter tyre out there…

toons
    Free Member

I’ve had one ride on them and didn’t die!

I was using a hans dampf (front) and nobby nic (rear).

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Beaver EXC 29er – Stock??’ is closed to new replies.