Did we know CRC was this big?

Home Forum Chat Forum Did we know CRC was this big?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Did we know CRC was this big?
  • Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Revenue has grown but profits have decreased for online bike retail goliath Chain Reaction Cycles (CRC).
    Investment in expansion is thought to be the reason for the pre-tax profit reduction – down 91 per cent from £10 million in 2011 to £861,000 in 2012.

It was a markedly different story for revenue, which jumped up 14 per cent from £136.4m in 2011 to £155.6 million.

CRC’s wage bill grew in 2012 with a significant rise in employees – up to 614 from 465 (365 in 2010). Reports indicate CRC’s overdraft and liabilities also grew in 2012. Gross margins were maintained at 32 per cent.

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/chain-reaction-cycles-profits-down-91/015643

5thElefant

I bet their turnover isn’t so good since the new website launched.

Premier Icon T666DOM
    Subscriber

their, you bet me to it!

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

614 employees is pretty big, but its hardly Amazon.

Mind you I bet they pay tax.

5thElefant

Too slow.

I started with I bet they’re not as big now in my head and it all went wrong.

I feel great shame 😥

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Anyone know the equivalent numbers for Wiggle?

grum

I sure I read somewhere they are a reasonable percentage of the Northern Ireland economy.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Wiggle;

Online cycle trader Wiggle has reported a 20.8 per cent growth in turnover in its latest financials, to £140.8million in the year up to February 2nd 2013 (£116.5m in the previous year).

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/wiggle-reports-20-turnover-increase/015041

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

No surprises here except that there profits are so low. 32% on £155m and 600 employee, yet they have made virtually no profit this year. Looks like they should have been reinvesting earlier. Not good. 600 employees isn’t bad for £155m turnover.

wysiwyg

I’d like to see rosebikes dint in that.

zee Germans are coming

greeble

Sam hills pay cheque has something to do with it…..

ianv

I cant find it now but there was an article about this in the Irish Times, apparently their Southern Irish subsidiary is doing very well. Bit like Google really.

a clusterf–k of a new website which is thought to be the reason for the pre-tax profit reduction

FTFY 🙂 (and yes I know the figures pre-date the new site)

They might get more orders from me if they stop emailing duff voucher codes 🙁

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

richmtb wrote:

Aye – they might even have paid back the regional development grant(s).

Premier Icon pictonroad
    Subscriber

They have an actual shop in Belfast, I saw it but I didn’t get time to go in, could be the perfect LBS….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Did we know CRC was this big?’ is closed to new replies.