Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mavic Crossroc freehub removal/renewel
  • Lummox

Hi there

A Mate’s asked me to have a look at his crossroc rear as it’s making a horrendous sound in coast mode, have taken off cassette and removed axle and drive side cartridge bearing, can’t see a allen key shaped bit inside to remove freehub.

So question to the techies on stw

Is this freehub serviceable?
    Is it actually removeable, and if yes how?

Tried looking up on Google linked to mavic’s tech pages but can’t find anything specific to this hub.

More of a Hope man myself, simple just like me.

Cheers in advance of your help

Lummox

coatesy
    Free Member

If memory serves me correctly, aren’t there allen key fittings in the ends of the axle, unscrewing them removes the end caps and allows the freehub to pull off.

Lummox

axle is completely out, there were threaded nuts like normal style Qr cup and cone axles but these are sealed bearings, axle has pulled through leaving one bearing (drive side) in place.

coatesy
    Free Member

Obviously thinking of the wrong hub then, have you checked from the brake side of the hub, I know some freehubs are held on from the opposite side to normal(usually with an obscure size key too).

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Lummox – Email me at zuluelevenlocstat@googlemail.com and I’ll see if I can give you some pointers

sq225917
    Free Member

Most all Mavic freehubs just pull off once all the axle parts are removed. if you can see the end bearing in the freehub and there are no axle parts left in place just give it a yank.

Certainly my Kysirium and Crossmax Sx come off that way.

Lummox

Righto cheers guys, reluctant to give it some beans as it’s not my wheel, bit different bashing your own gear, zulu message on way, and i’ll check the tugging properties of the freehub in the morning, coatesy i’ll pull the non drive bearing and see if that reveals something.

Beginning to wish i’d told him to take it down the LBS, but then i do likes a tinker with new shineys

TinMan
    Free Member

Try the service manuals HERE

User: mavic-com
    Pass: dealer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossroc freehub removal/renewel’ is closed to new replies.