Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mavic clothing.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Anyone else using it, what’s your thoughts?

I called into a kind of local bike shop on the the way home from work yesterday afternoon and they had a good range of Mavic Kit in. Being Mavic I thought it would all be ultra fitted for the skinny types but tried a pair of the Red Rock baggies.

http://www.mavic.com/en/product/apparel/shorts/apparel/Red-Rock-Short-Set

I’m not the skinniest, especially on the thighs and sometimes struggle with endura but these fit a treat. Lightweight and plenty of movement, the inners are good too. I threw them on for a ride last night and you didn’t know you were wearing them. Bit on the pricey side at £80.

I’m looking at a set of the Scree boots now for winter to replace the Shimano’s.

boxfish
    Free Member

Being chunkily-thighed I struggle to find comfortable shorts. Have been wearing Mavic Notch shorts for a few years. Very comfortable they are too.

twoniner
    Free Member

I was quite surprised, wasn’t expecting them to go near me.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Aye, big fan here.

Got the Stratos shorts and a pair of their shoes. When the shorts arrived they looked like you could spit peas through them but they have proved very robust.

Great styling.

twoniner
    Free Member

Yeah, I was looking at the inner shorts and the mesh they are made of. Very cool to ride in but had wondered how long they would last.

Looks like it could be the end of Endura shorts for me.

superfli
    Free Member

Dont get the black gloves! My mates hands were stained black for days after getting them soaked. He’s scrub bed and scrubbed, but cant get it off

Dunno what logo the clothes have on, but a mate has got some shoes and gets the pee taken for buying them from Morrisons – very similar logo 😉

twoniner
    Free Member

Dunno what logo the clothes have on, but a mate has got some shoes and gets the pee taken for buying them from Morrisons – very similar logo

LOL 😆

plus-one

The gloves are shite… Mine are falling to bits 🙁

mactheknife

The Scree boots are pretty awesome. The sizing is pretty spot on with the rest of the shoes i wear.

They are supposedly spring/autumn boots which usually is 9 months of the year up here in Scotland. They are pretty comfy up to about 20 Degrees.

They are Gore-Tex lines so waterproof up to a point as they dont have a cuff at the top, and a recessed cleat that means you generally dont end up skidding around on rocks when you have hike – a – bike.

Pricey but great bit of kit.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Dunno what logo the clothes have on, but a mate has got some shoes and gets the pee taken for buying them from Morrisons – very similar logo

I have some Avenge shoes for my road bike and got the exact same reaction. Lovely shoes though.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve been testing the notch stuff and I really like it. My gloves have been great, just wash them once before use to stop the dye staining your hands. Loved the shorts, undershorts and helmet especially.
    My review on Bike Rumor
    Mavic Notch Review on my own site

thepurist

I’ve got the Inferno gloves and they totally live up to the name, plus a pair of undershorts which ate probably the coolest and moat comfortable ones I own. Wish they’d do a Sale a bit more often!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mavic clothing.’ is closed to new replies.