Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Match christmas list to goods
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So I’ve finally got a sort of Christmas list out of MrGolfChick and it’s pretty poor so I’m trying to match some recommendations for items he wants.

Long sleeve jersey – he doesn’t want anything too thick as he already has one thermoactive l/s jersey by morvelo. I’m thinking maybe a DHB but he doesnt want it too lined and too thick, reviews seem hit and miss about the pockets on them sagging.

Bike socks – He has one solitary pair of broken rider socks that I bought for him and otherwise he just uses sport socks. Pride myself on my own sock game so don’t want him in anything too generic and totally plain as he may as well stick to sport socks. Thinking maybe something branded, evoc or burtec etc.

Torridon/Assynt artwork/print – I’d already amazingly had this idea before he made the list but struggling to find something either not ridiculously expensive or too mass produced.

Yak

Torm Jersey
    The on-one thickies are pretty good for this time of year

@Binners
    a commission maybe?

dogbone

Bike socks – Sock Guy Wooligans. Love mine.

https://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/kw/wooligan

lunge

Galibier
    Pendas or PX
    Binners

honourablegeorge

Defeet socks .

How about a trail map of a route he rides? – https://trailmaps.co.uk/collections/custom

GolfChick
    Free Member

Those Torm jerseys look really nice actually, not heard of them before.

Yak

Yeah, for autumn, mild winter, spring…the torms are just the right thickness. Like other sportwools they don’t stink either so you get a few rides out of them before washing.

tthew

Your bloke needs to up his listing game. I have to supply hyperlinks to an online shop, with full specifications of size, colour, optional extras etc. 👍

GolfChick
    Free Member

As do I when I write my Christmas list, just because it’s a lot more helpful!

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe what he really needs is a 3/4 sleeve jersey?

I wear them loads more than L/S ones, great for combining with elbow pads – which then keep your arms warm anyway.

Or maybe not. Just a thought.

Sandwich

Binners for the print. He seems to be quite good with crayons.

GolfChick
    Free Member

LS jersey is for road bike although with his track record maybe he could do with elbow pads! He tends to run warm and has a functioning central heating system unlike me!

frogstomp

Defeet socks

Woolie Boolies for the win if you ride much in winter slop – stay warm even when wet. They last really well too – had mine for almost a decade.

mahalo

tbf sports socks from Sportsdirect or wherever have been infinitely more reliable, durable, comfortable, cheaper than any bike specific ones ive ever had.

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 WoolieBoolies are the gold standard winter cycling socks, will outlast five pairs of OnOne Thickies IME.

My best L/S road jerseys are Rapha and Castelli, both bought in the sales obvs. The Rapha sportwool one is great for inbetween weather days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Match christmas list to goods’ is closed to new replies.