Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Marzocchi spares for older forks.
  • Steelfreak
    Free Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get spares for older Marzocchi forks? (I’m after a crown/steerer assembly for a 2007 Z1 Bomber RC2.)

(I have tried Emailing Windwave but they have yet to respond.)

Many thanks in anticipation…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not sure TBH. UK Bike Store used to be my go to for older Marzocchi bits but they are no more.

Last time I tried to get some via Windwave I was out of luck whilst Fox work out what they’ve actually bought.

kent
    Free Member

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/MarzocchiMark/

You could try this guy on Pinkbike. Also had a web presence

http://www.mtbforksbymark.com/what

molgrips
    Free Member

Loco called Windwave for me and they literally went through their parts bin and found the last two relevant bits in existence…

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

RSF Suspension in Plymouth may well have a used one. I get that you want new but the reason I suggest them is that they wont dick about or sell you a worn out piece of tat.

tjagain

I just contacted marzocchi mark for similar obsolete bits and he has them in stock. So thanks for the heads up on him.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Many thanks all – I’ll follow up the leads above (fingers crossed).

dukeduvet

I managed to get some bits for an old Marathon from 2003!

Used link here to find part then ordered through local Windwave dealer. Edinburgh Bike coop in my case. Easiest thing ever. I did check with Windwave first by phone who were really helpful.

windwave spares

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I telephoned Windwave: unfortunately they no longer have the part in stock so I’ll follow up other leads.

Many thanks all…

T1000
    Free Member

I’ve a spare csu for a 2006 sl1 Which looks the same size as the z1 rc2 eta.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Sounds interesting…

Is it the ‘bolt on’ type or the type where the stanchions are part of the crown? (I’m after the bolt on type.)

T1000
    Free Member

These are the one piece ones, and come from a set that I bought for spares for another set of sl1s, if you change your mind let me know I tend to be in Bristol or London once or twice a week.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Many thanks – I’ll keep it in mind.

(Funnily enough, I’m in Bristol myself tomorrow for the bike jumble at Mud Dock.)

squirrelking
    Free Member

I have a set of uppers I may be able to let go of, ATM I think the forks I have are one piece but I was going to do a swap with my mate and upgrade his DJ’s (he’s taking the uppers and I’m having the 20mm lowers as I have stupid old QR20 ones and the cams fell off somewhere on the A9 many years ago). IIRC the DJ’s have bolt on uppers so they may be going spare once I’m done but as they aren’t mine I’d have to ask.

The obvious caveat is that they are DJ uppers and as such would have the heavier steel steerer.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Squirrelking,

Many thanks for the offer but I have subsequently been able to solve my problem via Ebay.

squirrelking
    Free Member

No worries, glad you’re sorted 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi spares for older forks.’ is closed to new replies.