Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marple and Macclesfield forest GPX
  • chambord
    Free Member

Hi all,

I tend to do my weekday riding around Marple but I always do the same loops (From the roman lakes up past the golf course to Romiley and maybe over Cown edge). Does anyone have routes (Preferably GPX) of other in the same area?

I had a generous offer from nbt when on the peak pootle that I could join them on Thursday nights round the area but I’m just soloing for a few more weeks to gain a bit of fitness!

Also realised that macc forest isn’t much further to drive from where I live so can someone give me pointers to a route around there? (I’ve never ridden there). Also what’s the area like? Will I die from ghosts if solo night riding?

Cheers!

nbt

oh come out and play with us (though we may not be out for a couple of weeks due to other commitments). I don’t share GPX files of the good stuff anyway, you get shown that in person

M6TTF
    Free Member

plenty of solo night riders around Macc. No more dangerous than anywhere else. Standard forest loop is easy to follow.

chambord
    Free Member

oh come out and play with us

OK I have been meaning to – just not been out on the bike much since the pootle for various reasons

I’ve just signed up to the marpleriders yahoo group so I’ll keep an eye on messages there and join you out soon.

AlexSimon

There’s another thread discussing Macc here
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/navigating-a-route-i-dont-know-macclesfield

If Macc and Roman Lakes are equidistant for you, then Lyme Park, Bollington, Taxal Edge, Goyt Valley etc should all be in range too.

You could look at strava heatmap and compare with an OS map for some ideas

chambord
    Free Member

Thanks for the info about macc forest I’ll head out there Thursday night and see how I get on following the loop in that thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marple and Macclesfield forest GPX’ is closed to new replies.