Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Mark and Lard last show on Radio 1
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

Has anyone got a mp3 of the full show or a link to a single download? My copy has been ‘lost’ by itunes and i can only find it in bits rather than the show as a whole.

Any help appreciated!

Stop! Carry on….

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Email them at the BBC, see if they can sort you a copy.

It might cost you though.

‘How much?’, I hear you ask…

Ho ho; five pounds!

Drac

Stop! Carry on….

It ended with, Stop!

Drac
    caledonia
    Free Member

Oh the memories !!
    Many a lecture missed for their show in the common lounges at Uni !

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It ended with, Stop!

Think I remember that.

‘Stop!’ Then silence. Quite sad.

I haven’t listened to Radio One, since the end of Mark and Lard, and the death of the great John Peel.

GW
    Free Member

You should, colin Murray’s quite good and Zane lowe plays alright music

richc
    Free Member

only reason to listen to radio 1 is Zane Lowe, and the breakfast in the vain hope that Chris Moyles might die on air.

Chris Moyles has to be the worst person on the radio at the moment, which is impressive considering the competition for that honor.

Del

10 pence short..
    second GW.
    listen to those guys on listen again at work, annie mac, and sometimes rob da bank and mary-anne hobgoblin if i’m really bored.

meeeee
    Free Member

its on this site:

[/url]

some other sound clips there as well, and on here

A sad loss when they went!

Edit: not sure what happedned with my links there but i cant seem to fix it!

nickc

and the breakfast in the vain hope that Chris Moyles might die on air. 😆

Zane Lowe playing “There is a light that never goes out” on the night that Peel died put him forever in my good books. Plays some cracking stuff as well.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Listen to Mark on Radio 2 at night, still very funny and says err a million times.

I miss Frogging with the Tad master from Tadcaster, Class.

I would love to be able to down load someold shows of Mark and Lard, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

IHN

“Is it, Lards Animal Sanctuary?”

He’s got a pooey bum…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Musssnt grrruuuuuumble!

MussEd
    Free Member

Email them at the BBC, see if they can sort you a copy.

It might cost you though.

‘How much?’, I hear you ask…

Ho ho; five pounds!

Is this the man who argued long and hard against the TV Licence Fee?

BIGGITY BIGGITY BONG So it is, in a Jim from Corrie NornIrish accent.

STATO
    Free Member

i refuse to Listen to Zane Slow as the first 90mins of his show are… ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ ‘xxx is on board’ …. etc.

WHO CARES! PLAY SOME MUSIC YOU TIT!!!

darrell
    Free Member

shirehorses anyone

aphex_2k
    Free Member

http://www.scrawnandlard.co.uk/sound.htm

Load up your phones – ideal text message alerts!

Soup
    Free Member

Zane Lowe is the most annoying **** on the radio. Too much over excitable nonsense, too much shouting, too much hype. Gives me a headache listening to his ‘ I love the sound of my own voice ‘ attitude.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is this the man who argued long and hard against the TV Licence Fee?

Eh? M+L were on the radio!

Don’t need a licence for that.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I miss Frogging with the Tad master from Tadcaster, Class.

What, the Canestan Open?

BoardinBob

Chris Moyles has to be the worst person on the radio at the moment, which is impressive considering the competition for that honor.

It’s the sycophantic arse licking by his studio pals that really grinds my gears

BoardinBob

Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie’s show on R2 is very good.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

Eh? M+L were on the radio!

Don’t need a licence for that.

Not strictly, but license fee goes towards the BBC in general – not just TV y’know. 😉

kelvin

License fee pays for BBC radio.

Radio1 was over for me when Mark and Lard were moved on.

MrSparkle

Can I get a David Beckham ‘hello’?

MussEd
    Free Member

Rudeboy knows fine well where the licence fee goes! I can E-mither this link if you want?TV Licence page

I’m refusing to use those emoticons but I’m giving a cheeky wink as I type!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I have the shirehorses album 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

Anyone remember Graham the Lazy Pilot? I know him…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Dunt matter. You are not required, by Law, to have a TV licence unless you have equipment which is capable of receiving a signal as it is broadcast LIVE.

This includes iPlayer stuff, as it is not ‘live’.

I know the BBC are Beta trialling live internet TV broadcasting, but they can get fecked; I had my computer + internet first. They can simply create a login system, if they don’t want non-licence payers watching their stuff. Licence Authority Inspector has been, and is satisfied that I don’t have to pay owt.

SO THERE!!!! 😛

ransos
    Free Member

The point isn’t whether or not you’re required to have a licence, it’s that you enjoyed a programme that was funded by it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

anybody remember ‘little mark’

he was one of my best mates at school, he did a weeks work experience with them. i did a week in the drawing/design dept. of a furness manufacturer.

he became less popular with me after that

NigE5
    Free Member

Biggedyong

I have enough stuff to make my own afternoon shows,

NigE5
    Free Member

Boll**ks
    got that wrong.
    Try the mark’n’lard web ring

iDrew
    Free Member

Fat Harry White and his soft-top Bedford Rascal van 😀

singletrackmind

D’ya remember the ‘Shed of dread’ Fantastic radio. Travis were live on teh last show IIRC . I think they even overan by 20 minutes. Cried when it ended, i used to nearly pee myself regulaly , especially during the quiz.
    ” Is it Sheena Easton Mark??? “
    Miss em, were ordinary on the breakfast show though.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Is it Lard’s animal sanctuary? I loved listening to Mark and Lard, they were the best! I do think that Radcliffe and Maconie’s show is great as they get to play more great music (and they are another good partnership) but I used to love the way that Mark and Lard would occasionally lose it on-air, and their backing vocals on Travis’s version of “Hit me baby one more time” are pure class.

The Shirehorses mean that I can’t listen to a lot of 90’s Indie/pop without singing alternative lyrics ;0)

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I too was gutted when M+L left Radio One. Not listened to the station since. As i am a sad bastard, i have made up some CD’s with some of their shows – all downloaded from here – <http://ohluckyyou.namwollem.co.uk/&gt;

dot
    Free Member

George Lamb show reminds of the Mark and Lard occasionally. Its like Mark and Lard’s slightly annoying younger cousin from London village.

CountZero

Totally agree with all the sentimentson here. Chris Moyles, and his third-rate copycat George Lamb are the worst sort of radio presenter who are far too impressed with the sound of their own voice, and a smug self-satisfaction at their own percieved ‘cleverness’. Neither of them have any kind of comedic talent, a fourteen-year old son of a friend called Moyles ‘childish’, and Time Out magazine described him once as ‘a talentless ****-wit’
    I used to love Slim and Shady, the squirrels; I nearly crashed a company car once laughing so hard at them one afternoon coming back from a business trip!
    Genius presenters, with a genuine love of music and talent for comedy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Mark and Lard last show on Radio 1’ is closed to new replies.