Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Marin Lifetime Warranty and Second Hand Frame
  • lank45
    Free Member

The bearings are shot on the back of my Dads Marin, however it’s a second hand frame bought from Leisure Lakes a few years back. Has anyone had their bearings replaced on warranty for a second hand frame? It seems like it will be an expensive do otherwise! Thanks

foxyrider
    Free Member

No but not sure about whether you can as its second hand – did you register it? If not could probably do it yourself as you can get the bearing sets online depending on model?

snaps
    Free Member

My LBS has done two different s/h Marin frames for free, but the KP7 bearings are only a couple of quid each if they don’t.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i have it on good authority they will replace bearings on second-hand frames, yes!

snaps
    Free Member

I might well be contacting them tomorrow re warrenty issues!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

looks fine to me mate……..

i’m sure the rohloff will ‘invalidate’ your warranty!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Never seen one break there before, but I’ve broken one or two Marin swingarms in the past and always found the service from ATB sales to be excellent, I understand it depends on your Marin dealer to a certain extent though.

snaps
    Free Member

I think they’ll be OK, they changed this one last year & it was 9 years old!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Lifetime warranty usually only applies to the original purchaser with the original receipt – they will want to see the receipt, so if you have that with the bike you should be ok?

I had a similar thing with a cracked specialized fsr frame, 2nd hand, but with no receipt no warranty 😥

But, as mentioned the bearings are cheap and easy to replace anyway and your LBS should have no problems doing them 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think they’ll be OK, they changed this one last year & it was 9 years old!

That’s an incredible pic! I’d be REALLY PROUD if I’d broken a frame like that!
    😀

z1ppy

Whats to be proud of? (mine was 5 years old when replaced)

Fanatastic frame dead, I wasn’t happy but was more than happy with ATB/Marin’s service & the replacement provided ..
    I’ve also had a swining arm fail at the end of the welding (18 months).
    Should I mention the previous frame that died with a crack on the downtube…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Marin Lifetime Warranty and Second Hand Frame’ is closed to new replies.