Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • March is the month for great tits
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Ever year, great tits make March their own. The distinctive two syllable song can be heard above all others in parks, gardens and woodland. They are a lovely looking bird and a pleasure to spot.

Has anybody else noticed their conspicuousness and prevalence in March, perhaps while out riding?

Song

scaredypants

I’d have said more likely to see blue tits until this last weekend

senorj

I love them. For the last 3 years Doreen, my octogenarian neighbour and I ,have enjoyed them in her bird box,we even did guard duty when the bastid magpies attacked the fledglings.
    This year,the little gits have only gone and nested next door but one!
    Btw, chicks have already hatched here,noisy buggers.
    🙂

CountZero

I get great, blue, coal and long-tailed tits on the feeders, but the pair of blue tits are a constant presence and seem to have been checking out the nest box I’ve had hung on my silver birch for years without a hint of anything nesting. Maybe this year will be a first.

matt_outandabout

Looks like we have our blues back in the nest box again this year.

jobro
    Free Member

My apologies.
    When I saw the title I automatically assumed this was STW political sarcasm aimed at the Farage saunter down the country.
    March is indeed a wonderful month for new life. I do the local RSPB migration count and its all kicking off now. Five species of butterfly seen on my ride yesterday in East Dorset.

stevied
    Free Member

Got a fair few of them in the garden now, along with the blue tits who seem to have set up home in my new bird boxes 🙂
    Spotted a marsh tit yesterday too.

fasthaggis

Yup,apologies from me.
    I thought it was about the call me dave poster on the Brexit march 🙂
    call me dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘March is the month for great tits’ is closed to new replies.