Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 193 total)
  • Mandalorian Season 3
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just realised it starts streaming today.
    Weeeeeeeee!

anagallis_arvensis

This is the way

mtbfix

High hopes for this. In preparation I thought I’d watch the previous series and got about 3 episodes in before giving up on the project. Please Disney, makes this better than the Boba Fett series!

hot_fiat

Anyone else have a very small child who is utterly obsessed with ‘Baby Yoda’? My youngest daughter (4) is totally smitten with him, she has cups, saucers, dolls, towels… I reckon she’d have wallpaper too if she could, which is difficult to balance with the fact that the series is riddled with violence.

twistedpencil

I finally watched the last few episodes of the Book of Boba Fett so I was upto speed for this. It wasn’t good was it? Rumours of a second series seem mad, I still haven’t watched Obi-wan yet.

Anyway, This is the Way, nice to have this return alongside The Bad Batch.

fossy

I re-watched the last 3 of Mando, but probably should have done Boba as well.

Harry_the_Spider

Thought Boba Fett was OK. Didn’t like Obi Wan though as it completely trashed the back story.

Looking forward to Mando³. Free 3 month subscription to Disney using Tesco vouchers gets turned on tonight!

Mounty_73

I enjoyed it, just finished watching a re-run of both series to get ready for series 3.

ctk
    Free Member

Just getting through Andor which I’ve loved so far.

dyna-ti

Andor was very good, though the mandalorian and boba fett were poor in comparison. Hopefully this 3rd season might be better.

Drac

It’s off to a good start.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m saving it for this evening. So I won’t be popping back until then.

fooman

They all have their strengths and weaknesses (the first 3 episodes of Andor are particularly forgettable) but overall I’ve enjoyed them and glad they are being made. I liked Bobba Fett even if he did crawl out of the Sarlacc Pit significantly older and fatter then when he went in, and there was so much Mandalorian in a couple of episodes I had to check I was watching the right series!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Boba Fett was fine but can we file the Mods with the-Gungan-who-shall-not-be-named?

funkmasterp

I loved Andor and Mando is great. The latter reminds of Samurai movies and comics. Strong Lone Wolf and Cub vibes. I thought Obi Wan and Bobba Fett were dire.

jon1973
    Free Member

Looking forward to watching it. It’s a shame they don’t drop all episodes at the same time. It’s the sort of thing I like to binge watch. I may wait until all episodes are out.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have no idea why everyone is into Boba Fett as a character. Did basically nothing in the original series and the TV series might as well have been about a different person entirely.

anagallis_arvensis

Bad Batch Episode was much better, shit just got real.
    I liked the Perrgils though

spacemonkey

Lost interested in Mando S1 around E5.

Liked bits of Boba Fett, but obvs not the mods and ridiculously shonky showdown.

Also liked Obi Wan but don’t really know why – not a fan of McGregor even though he was better in this than the films.

Didn’t buy into the hype around Andor. First 3 episodes were good, but felt it tailed off after those. The prison scenes felt repetitive and wooden.

It’s odd for me to say the above because I love the Star Wars universe, but none of the series are doing it for mw.

MoreCashThanDash

Rewatching series 2 as I must have slept through most of it. Enjoyably daft.

Andor raised the stakes though. Excellent

stumpyjon

Andor was a slow burn that eventually paid back the effort. Preferred Obi Wan on a re-watch. Didn’t mind Boba Fett (apart from the mods obvs) and Mando is just good brains out space cowboys. All the TV has better plot lines than the last 3 films.

kelvin

Full on “Muppets in Space” … loved it.

“Bad Baby”

Cougar

A question to those who have seen both,

I’ve read the second half of the Boba Fett thing described as “The Mandalorian season 2.5” – is it worth me watching that before embarking on series 3 of Mando?

kelvin

I think so.

stumpyjon

Yes, it’s pretty critical to the Mando story.

Cougar

Cool, ta.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I have no idea why everyone is into Boba Fett as a character.

Because he’s a **** badass. Han might have shot first but he’d have replied in kind and put a rocket up his arse for good measure.

DrP

Was gonna post the same as cougar…

Ok.. so watch Bobba fett, THEN S3 Mando…
    Me and my dad loved S1 and 2…

DrP

Drac

I have no idea why everyone is into Boba Fett as a character.

Because he only briefly appeared as a bad ass bounty hunter. Even if he was defeated by a clumsy nerf herder.

chakaping
    Free Member

I agree that was a solid start.

Still family teatime telly rather than serious political sci-fi like Andor, and that’s totally fine.

🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I loved Andor and Mando is great.

This ^. Mando being more “alright”, Andor being absolutely brilliant.

I thought Obi Wan and Bobba Fett were dire.

And very much this ^. Obi Wan was garbage. Boba Fett was borderline ok but those scooter mod gang was so bad it was cringeworthy. Whoever signed off on that garbage.

verses

Ok.. so watch Bobba fett, THEN S3 Mando…
    Me and my dad loved S1 and 2…

Just eps 5, 6 and 7

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Finally watched it and really liked it. It ‘felt’ just like the previous two seasons.

Right, time to clear a gap in my schedule for Picard S3 Ep3.

nuke

A good first episode although i probably would have benefited from a quick look back through the last season just to refresh my memory on names/battles….the short recap at start wasn’t enough for me

“Bad baby” …indeed 😂

How do you do spoilers? Anyway its right at the start and ill keep it ambiguous: why bother fighting on the beach rather than just fleeing/flying off?

kelvin

That’s what my other half said. All I could offer up was… “perhaps they need it for food”. A bit weak that bit. I did enjoy them making you wonder if it was a flashback to Din Djarin as a child, until the ship arrived.

Spoiler for look here for forum spoiler code
    ChrisL

molgrips Full Member
    I have no idea why everyone is into Boba Fett as a character. Did basically nothing in the original series and the TV series might as well have been about a different person entirely.

Boba Fett became such an iconic character in the ’80s partly because of the cool armour but also because he was a sinister enigma. He barely said anything, the armour made him mysterious, Darth Vader treated him almost like an equal and he was obviously a threat to the heroes.

The limited amount of information about him allowed for people to project a lot on him – both by the fans and also by the various authors of the Star Wars expanded universe. The character as they appeared in the Book of Boba Fett was very different to how a lot of people imagined him to be and that had quite an effect on reactions to that show.

I thought that the Obi-Wan thing was largely fine. The Book of Boba Fett was mixed and seemed to lack confidence in itself, especially when it gave up being its own thing for an episode and a half and became The Mandalorian instead. The Mods didn’t bother me as much as they bothered some, the Vespas were badly done but I kind of get the idea of disaffected youth trying to stand out amongst the overwhelmingly beige world they live on. I’ve not seen Andor yet, I’ll probably give it a go eventually but trying to make Star Wars grim and gritty feels like missing the point to me.

fossy

Folk do take Star Wars too seriously. Release your inner 7 year old ! Andor is great as it’s a different pace and has a completely different angle.

BillOddie

We thoroughly enjoyed it last night as a family.

One of the nerdy podcasts I listen to suggested brushing up on your madalore err lore as they reckon they will be really exploring that this season, they suggested watching:

Clone wars

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>s2e12, 13, 14</span>

s3 e5,6
    s4 e14
    s5 e14,15,16
    s7e9,10 (11 and 12?)

Rebels
    S2 e13
    S3E7,11,15,16
    S4 E1,2

I only watched the Clone Wars episodes thus far but you defo pick up a bit more about Children of the watch/Death Watch etc.

kelvin

Tried watching some of those Clone Wars episodes… didn’t enjoy them at all and gave up. All of “Rebels” was good though, and did some of the Mandalore stuff well.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Is the next episode dropping tomorrow? Checked last night and no ep2 so assuming we are going to wait for weekly episodes, old skool.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.