Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 193 total)
  • Mandalorian Season 3
  • ratherbeintobago

Watching today’s episode. I’m reminded that you never see anyone reading in the Star Wars universe…

jeffl

Not seen this week’s episode yet but…

Watching today’s episode. I’m reminded that you never see anyone reading in the Star Wars universe…

Wasn’t there that guy in Andor who was writing a rebellion manifesto?

sillysilly
    Free Member

No massive fan of any of the Marvel / Star Wars universe but Mando is 10/10 for me. Reminds me of Firefly/Serenity which I enjoyed too. The end credits art and detail is amazing, would love to see an animated version in that style. This is the way.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Oooh! That was a very good episode the story is unfolding.

MoreCashThanDash

Cracking episode

andyr
    Free Member

I might have involuntarily shouted a characters name at the TV tonight….

kelvin

I just smiled. Last of his people.

They can’t have had him at the fly base just for that scene… he was far to well realised… something’s coming…

funkmasterp

One of my all time favourite Star Wars characters. I’m still hoping to see Chopper, the best droid in all Star Wars.

stevious

The only show on TV I’ll leave the credits running just so I can listen to the theme.

I haven’t seen enough of the animated stuff to get a lot of the deep cuts that a lot of folk here seem to enjoy but I love the show for what it is.

My fave bit this week was the armourer being a badass.

anagallis_arvensis

kelvin
    I just smiled. Last of his people.

Wasn’t the last though. He was last seen on Lira San.
    Was it Zeb last night? It was certainly the same voice. A set up for the Ashoka series? Like the Perguiles a few episodes ago?

chakaping
    Free Member

I haven’t seen enough of the animated stuff to get a lot of the deep cuts that a lot of folk here seem to enjoy but I love the show for what it is.

+1 cracking episode.

Come on geeks, spill the beans. What are getting so excited about?

Anyone else think the pirate king had a touch of Doctor Who / Hitchhiker’s Guide about him?

kelvin

Wasn’t the last though. He was last seen on Lira San.

I forgot all about that.

anagallis_arvensis

Come on geeks, spill the beans. What are getting so excited about?

The Asian pilot guy was in the bar talking to a LeSat. The only one we really know was Zeb one of the main characters from Star Wars Rebels, it was the same voice too. The Ashoka series is basically going to be a live action sequel to Rebels. Those space Whales that Grogu saw whilst Mando was sleeping are extremely significant to any Rebels follow up

benpinnick

Anyone else think the pirate king had a touch of Doctor Who / Hitchhiker’s Guide about him?

I was thinking more muppet show TBH. Almost spoilt it for me but I liked the rest of it so we’ll let it pass.

chakaping
    Free Member

At least there wasn’t any Vogon poetry.

Cheers for filling us in AA.

kelvin

I like all the muppet show stuff. This episode had loads of it. Super kid friendly.

anagallis_arvensis

Didn’t the Muppet show blokey do the stuff in the originals?

kelvin

Yarp. Well, Frank Oz.

andyr
    Free Member

The Ashoka series is basically going to be a live action sequel to Rebels. Those space Whales that Grogu saw whilst Mando was sleeping are extremely significant to any Rebels follow up

Yep, the whole of the Ghost crew are supposedly in it including a certain droid @funkermasterp. From the rabbit hole I went down last night Disney announced that Sabine has been cast (I’m still expecting her to turn up in Mando at some point). Not going to reveal any potential plots as I want to forget what I’ve read. First trailer rumoured to be in April.

So if you haven’t watched Rebels do it now as it’s cracking.

verses

So if you haven’t watched Rebels do it now as it’s cracking.

On the whole I agree, but worth mentioning that S1 is a bit “meh”, so don’t let that put you off getting to the better stuff.

kelvin

S1 is why you care about the characters in later seasons though, so don’t skip it.

jeffl

I’m currently re-watching rebels. Just finished season 2.

Bad Batch was really good this week with the double episode. Really like how everything is weaving together in the star wars world. Just ignore the sequel films and it’s all good.

verses

S1 is why you care about the characters in later seasons though, so don’t skip it.

Indeed, but it feels a lot more like a kids TV show than the rest of it, which almost put me off sticking with it.

kelvin

It is a kids show! But I know exactly what you mean, and agree. Star Wars JR. But when it was new, it was ideal for kids to grow with… it got darker and deeper and wider in real time with its audience. Very well judged in my opinion. Only started watching it years after they made it because a friend’s young son recommended it, and how it grew as he did. He was right.

verses

It is a kids show!

Very true, in fact you could say that for all of Star Wars 🙂

But Rebels S1 is closer to Chuggington (massive, and ridiculous over-exaggerating), than say “Batman: The animated series”. Both for kids but massive difference in how well written and involving they are.

kelvin

All true.

ChrisL

I definitely liked season 1 of Rebels, I liked its limited scope and the effort it put into creating new characters and how it did not rely on pulling in characters from other parts of the franchise to build its story. While I enjoyed the rest of the show I might have been happier if it carried more along those lines rather than importing characters and plotlines from the wider continuity.

kelvin

That’s the story though… local resistance, in their own bit of the universe, slowly but surely get dragged into the bigger fight. And it’s a good one. The changing scale works so well though the series. Doubly so for young watchers who were a year older for each season when it originally aired. It’s all good, but S1 is more self contained and younger viewer appropriate. Still enjoyed it though.

BillOddie

Interest reveal at the end about Beskar being stuck in the side of the shuttle.

Does it mean…

1) Gideon has been kidnapped so the Mandalorians can exact some frontier justice.

2) Gideon has been saved by some Mandalorians be they mercenaries or Sith aligned Mandalorians…be interesting to see how B-KK interacts with them, Night Owls, Death Watch etc etc

3) it’s just a swerve as we know non-Mandalorians have worn beskar, (we’re looking at you Cobb Vanth).

Can we all just take a moment to admire Katee Sackoff as Bo Katan?

kelvin

Is she the only actor to keep hold of a role as it made it to live action…? Played a great long game there.

BillOddie

Is she the only actor to keep hold of a role as it made it to live action…?

I think so, she is pretty much Sci-Fi royalty though after BSG.

Ming-Na Wen went the other way, and I’m sure others will too.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I also very much hope Asoka will be taking over where Rebel finished, go look for Esra and then hopefully get to see Sabine as well.

daviek

I’ve not checked this but a friend said that it was Zeb as he was mentioned in the credits

bigdean

Just ignore the sequel films and it’s all good.

I saw something that pointed out Kylo Ren’s helmet has been removed from the begining star wars into. Conclusion are being jumped to

fossy

What an episode, watching it again !

twistedpencil

Bad batch…. nooooooooo!

kelvin

I’ve not checked this but a friend said that it was Zeb as he was mentioned in the credits

IMDB credits Steve Blum as Zed in the episode.

verses

I saw something that pointed out Kylo Ren’s helmet has been removed from the begining star wars into. Conclusion are being jumped to

I’m pretty sure they change the helmets in every episode.

Also, at the point in time that Mando is set, wouldn’t Kylo Ren still be Ben Solo and be about 2 years old?

Bad batch…. nooooooooo!

🙁

ratherbeintobago

Many guest stars this week…

budgierider67

Good episode. I was expecting him to get the droid bits he required there though.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.