Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 294 total)
  • Mandalorian Season 2
  • dirkpitt74

Have to agree that Last Jedi was best of a bad bunch, RO was superb – really disappointed that the sequel trilogy fell short of what could have been done.

So what’s going to happen between Mando and Bo Katan for the Dark Sabre?

Can’t believe we’ve got to wait a whole year for the next series!!

oikeith

Just makes me wonder what happens to Grogo between this and when we see Luke die in the last jedi.

If the sequels are going to stand, Luke went off and set up a Jedi school and thats where he may or may not have tried to kill Kylo Ren helping turn him to the dark side, Grogu must be gone by the time this happens else Palpatine will know he exists (Palpatine was Snook, Snook turned Kylo)

Even the force awakens started well, evil Sith rounding up vilagers, stopping a blaster blast then having the villagers slaughtered, more please!

verses

Yeah because a large group of Warrior Monks, with supernatural powers, who were involved in numerous battles, will fade from memory in 20 years………

Han didn’t believe the force existed in the first film…

Luke Skywalker: You don’t believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I’ve flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I’ve seen a lot of strange stuff, but I’ve never seen anything to make me believe there’s one all-powerful force controlling everything. There’s no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

oikeith

So what’s going to happen between Mando and Bo Katan for the Dark Sabre

You have to assume Moff Gideon stole the sabre and didnt defeat her in battle as shes still alive, so yeah what will happen, I guess this and saving Mandlor will be the plot of S3 with Grogu gone

ChrisL

Yeah because a large group of Warrior Monks, with supernatural powers, who were involved in numerous battles, will fade from memory in 20 years………

I think they were always supposed to be very rare, and the Empire probably did a very good job as portraying as a bunch of dodgy cultists that had a few con tricks up their sleeves and exerted an undue influence over the Repbulic in its final days. Even those who were remembered as heroes of the clone wars often seem to have been remembered as generals rather than Jedi.

Absolutely – which for me is why the sequel trilogy fell flat; why did it all have to be joined back to the original trilogy (yes I know the irony of what happened in the last few minutes of the Mandalorian….. ignore that….) rather than just doing a new story in the same universe.

I think that given Lucas’s grand vision was for 3 (it may have at one point been 4) trilogies with the Skywalkers running as something of a common thread through them, it would have been hard to make the sequel trilogy without it tying back into the original and prequels. Obviously The Force Awakens took flak for playing things very safe and borrowing heavily from A New Hope, but I imagine it would have received just as much flak (albeit possibly from different sources) if it was “not Star Wars enough”. The backlash against The Last Jedi seems to be evidence of that.

I would say that the need for so much of the rest of the franchise (Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, Book of Boba, etc.,) to have to so heavily tie back to pre-existing parts of the canon is more disappointing. I am very glad that the Mandalorian managed to keep Boba Fett and most of the other cameo characters in relatively back seat roles, it would have been too easy to allow them to dominate the story. I found Rebels to be at its most enjoyable when it was sticking to its own story and wasn’t pulling in characters from The Clone Wars, novels and the movies.

anagallis_arvensis

I found Rebels to be at its most enjoyable when it was sticking to its own story and wasn’t pulling in characters from The Clone Wars, novels and the movies.

I agree to extent, except Ahsoka and Thrawn

leegee

Just makes me wonder what happens to Grogo between this and when we see Luke die in the last jedi

My theory is Grogu still too young to be really involved in the Sequel trilogy but he/she will be central in the post Skywalker plots

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

it was as awesome as Rogue one with the Vadar Scene.

The best bit of the recent stuff.

raincloud
    Free Member

Just makes me wonder what happens to Grogo between this and when we see Luke die in the last jedi.

Helping Luke milk those weird sea cows?

kelvin

Enjoyed that. Only just caught up… can read the thread now!

kelvin

There are a few a-team like episodes still but the story arc has been great including some brilliant clone wars appearances. This is the way.

This was exactly what we said… felt far too “this week’s mission” at times… but gets better and better. By the end we were totally engrossed. Cheers and tears. Anyone dubious after only watching one or two episodes… absolutely stick with it!

The Last Jedi was the best of the sequels (not without major flaws though)

I agree.

chakaping
    Free Member

There are a few a-team like episodes still but the story arc has been great including some brilliant clone wars appearances. This is the way.

This was exactly what we said… felt far too “this week’s mission” at times…

I saw this as an affectionate (and very well-executed) homage to 1980s Saturday teatime TV.

Just a pleasure to watch something so carefully and beautifully made by people who clearly care (more than me) about Star Wars.

fooman

Mando and baby Yoda

timmys

In a similar vein, first thing I opened turned out to be this;

stevious

What’s the orange thing in that pic @timmys? Is it a special lego-ing tool?

timmys

Not sure all of it’s function but certainly prising bricks apart. Lots of kits come with them now I think.

stumpyjon

Yep they are brilliant, one end allows you to lever plates off, the other is slim allowing you to get under tiles and there is a small stub for pushing out axles and technique pins. I had some many I sold about 20 on EBay.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I hope you’ve all seen the Making of Season 2 Special on Disney+
    Really enjoyable.

oikeith

I hope you’ve all seen the Making of Season 2 Special on Disney+
    Really enjoyable.

Took some finding in the menus of Disney plus via sky box but have watched it, shame it didnt cover the very ending of the series though

trap6
    Free Member

Did anyone watch the scene after the end credits??looks an interesting future for boba fett

eddiebaby
    Free Member

How good are Honest Trailers that you’ll watch a trailer for a series that has ended?

johndoh
    Free Member

Finally saw the final episode last night.

O

M

G

:-O

So how quick were you to realise who it was at the end? For me it was when I saw the hand – I I almost exploded with excitement (I was one of those kids lucky enough to see Star Wars first time around as a young kid so it was a big moment for me).

it was as awesome as Rogue one with the Vadar Scene.

Agreed

Kato

So no more Cara Dune then….

Gina Carano sacked

thols2

Gina Carano sacked

Hmmm, professional fighter not very bright shocker.

kelvin

It’s a shame. They are right to drop her, but it was good seeing a female character that looked like she could break you with her little finger (that’s the acted attitude, not just physical presence).

johndoh
    Free Member

No big loss really, she was a shocking actor.

Harry_the_Spider

Awww ****! That was a link to the Daily Mail!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56022084

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gina Carano sacked

The sad part about it, is that whilst I don’t agree with anything she wrote, she effectively been sacked for having differing views.

The Nazis did use propaganda to create fear and hatred towards the Jews, that is fact. Jews were attacked in the street by their neighbours because of this (although not exclusively at all). This was a precursor for the horrors that happened to Jews. If the Nazi had simply denounced Jews as evil and said they were going to round them up and systemically murder them, there would have been an uprising, but they carefully fed the fear and hatred until enough people could be persuaded to at least turn a blind eye to it.

Obvs she’s a bit of a thicko right winger so she used this lesson from History to highlight what she believes is a drive to turn people against her because of her Political views. It’s likely that, if she stated the same thing whilst accusing Trump / Qnon / Proud Boys of hate mongering, she would have likely not got into so much trouble. Trump has been compared to Hitler and the Nazis endlessly for the last 5 years.

I believe the problem faced in the US and UK isn’t because of a sudden rise of right wing thinking, it’s the age old problem of intolerance, and whilst it’s right to be intolerant of some views, racing to silence anyone who doesn’t sing from your particular hymn sheet will only serve to harden their stance and draw more people to their cause.

thols2

she effectively been sacked for having differing views.

No, she was sacked for saying extremely offensive things that her employer’s customers objected to. There a plenty of people who think Donald Trump was a great president. I think they are wrong, but most of them are not offensive and don’t deserve to be sacked. Carano is an idiot. That’s why she was sacked.

ElShalimo

I thought she perished at the end of Deadpool 1?

Kato

Awww ****! That was a link to the Daily Mail!

Apologies

That needed a warning

P-Jay
    Free Member

she effectively been sacked for having differing views.

No, she was sacked for saying extremely offensive things that her employer’s customers objected to. There a plenty of people who think Donald Trump was a great president. I think they are wrong, but most of them are not offensive and don’t deserve to be sacked. Carano is an idiot. That’s why she was sacked.

I don’t pretend to have read every single thing she’s put out on Social media, but I haven’t read anything that I would consider “extremely offensive”. I disagree with a lot of it, I find some of it small minded, ignorant maybe and sometimes downright rude. Nothing has made me angry, thrown me into a fit of rage or made me cry. Nothing has stayed with me until the wee small hours, aghast that anyone would say something so vile. That’s “extremely offensive”

And I can’t imagine anyone would be.

kelvin

That BBC piece is poor. It is feeding into the idea that she has lost the work because she supports Trump, and that is not the case.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Disney sacking someone for anti-Semitic views.

thols2

I don’t pretend to have read every single thing she’s put out on Social media, but I haven’t read anything that I would consider “extremely offensive”.

Apparently her employers weren’t amused by the Nazi comparisons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/11/gina-carano-mandalorian-star-wars/

Actress Gina Carano will not return to her breakout role on the Disney Plus hit “The Mandalorian” following swift backlash to the actress sharing a social media post that implied conservatives in America are treated like Jews in Nazi Germany, the latest in a series of inflammatory online posts from the star.

thepodge
    Free Member

I don’t pretend to have read every single thing she’s put out on Social media, but I haven’t read anything that I would consider “extremely offensive”.

Odd as it may seem, this isn’t about you.

nickc

but I haven’t read anything that I would consider “extremely offensive”.

I think comparing being a Republican with the Holocaust is (under anyone’s definition) extremely offensive.

Daffy

The full quote was

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbours… even by children… Because history is edited, most people today don’t realise that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbours hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?”

Her response to BLM was perfectly justified, Her response to Trans requests was badly judged and her views on Trump weren’t clear, she in essence said only that a more transparent process in which it was absolutely clear to the public what had gone on during the vote would be in everyone’s interest.

Let’s face it, she’s an MMA star, not a Nobel Laureate and has responded to many things like someone blessed with confidence and brawn who won’t be bullied by anyone.

I for one don’t believe that she’s either a racist, an anti-Semite or even an ardent Trump supporter.

kelvin

How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?

Well, the Jews weren’t hated, persecuted, beaten and killed by the Nazis for their political views, were they? They were hated simply for being jews. What’s the connection?

Klunk
    Free Member

what she is saying is being a jew is much like being a republican is well like being gay or trans a lifestyle choice. :/

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 294 total)

The topic ‘Mandalorian Season 2’ is closed to new replies.