Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 294 total)
  • Mandalorian Season 2
  • smogmonster

I thought Season Ep1 was bloody fab personally. The great big Easter Egg of The Marshalls speeder – from The Phantom Menace Pod Race? Timothy Olyphant as The Marshall. The Tuskan Raider getting munched instead of the Bantha. And the final theme tune is just awesome, my favourite since The Wire.

loum
    Free Member

Thanks all, good to know a little about what comes up and that they’re worth it. I think we’ll go clone wars then rebels.
    But first I guess, if it involves anakin, that clone wars would be better avoided until after New hope and empire at least.
    So I’m thinking well be watching new hope later today, quite excited.
    🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed last week’s episode and I’ve got my work up to date so its time for a break from the election results and time to fire up the bacon sandwich and Disney+

chakaping
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff.

twistedpencil

@loum

The order I’d watch them in is;

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Clone Wars

Revenge of the Sith

Solo

Rogue One

A New Hope

Empire

Jedi

Rebels

Having said that I won’t be watching Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith again.  I actually did finally get round to watching Revenge of the Sith with my son after the Clone Wars as I gave up on the prequels after AotC.

I haven’t got round to watching Rise of the Skywalker yet, I’m in no hurry, the recent films didn’t inspire either…

The Mandalorian however has been great.

oikeith

Loved the way season 1 finished, hoped Season 2 would pick back up with it but seems to have gone back to the Stargate SG1 style of new planet, quick skirmish and off we go.

Saying that, will have the second episode on this evening!

loum
    Free Member

Thanks @twistedpencil

We went for the originals first, didn’t want anything to spoil the surprise. Had new hope last weekend and empire last night.
    Had the six year old asking me, “Dad, is he really his dad?” Last night and this morning so it’s all good. We’ll watch Jedi next to finish that trilogy, then jump back in time.
    And it’s Mando day again, which is great.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It definitely didn’t disappoint.
    To avoid being stuck to the election last night I re-watched Force Awakens for some reason.
    Damn I love that film. Just a total remake of my favourite Star Wars (although it got knocked off the top step by Rogue One.).
    I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.
    Right back to doing some work/book keeping.

terrahawk
    Free Member

my teenage daughter and I have been mini-binging Clone Wars every Thursday since the start of the first lockdown. It’s fab. Some of the stories are a bit heavy on the politics but season 4 is magnificent.

Ahsoka Tano is by far the best character. Looking forward to her appearing in the Mandalorian.

(I bought a projector and a massive screen in time for the start of this season)

Also, anyone who thinks the Mandalorian is dull must be an amoeba 😉

fossy

Looking forward to Mando and Discovery tonight !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not one for arachnophobes!

anagallis_arvensis

Ahsoka Tano is by far the best character.

Have you seen Rebels, I almost cried when she showed up in that!!

Todays episode had those spider things like were on the planet in Rebels where the had the secret base.

stevious

I was just thinking that I really like the way they’ve done lots of stuff with models and prosthetics rather than CGI. THen I watched this week’s episode. I did not enjoy the CGI in this episode.

halifaxpete

The missus didn’t enjoy tonights episode as she hate spiders! Good episode though they seem to have stole foreboding eggs from Alien. Loved Assasin droid briefly firing into life too

stumpyjon

Best bit was baby Yoda eating the eggs, felt a bit like a filler episode, like episode 2, but it had X wings so all good.

ctk
    Free Member

Filler agreed

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Katee Sackhoff!!!!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Good one. Not a filler episode. No spoilers from me though.

doomanic

Apart from the previous post?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry! But I didn’t mention she is a Jedi who went to the dark side did I? Oops.

* may not be true.

spacemonkey

Watched the first 4 episodes of S1 and never truly took to them. Watched them a second time with my son and again, found it significantly underwhelming. Can’t put my finger on why – it’s jsut kind of dull. However, will wrap the series up at some time but not in any rush.

Re The Rise of SkyWalker, I watched the first 45 mins 6 months ago and didn’t connect with it. Watched it again a fortnight later and found it pulling me in, so much so that I loved it. Sure, the second half may seem contrived to some but I didn’t give a monkey – it was just bloody good fun.

eulach

Agreed, no filler there. Good healthy family fun, good versus evil, short term gratification with long story arc payoff, guest stars, explosions, cool spaceships.

And eastereggs.

funkmasterp

That was a great episode 👍🏼

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Brilliant episode. Katee Sakhoff and Titus Welliver in one episode; awesome.

Shaping into another fab season. I’m actually re-watching Rebels right now and Ahsoka, Lando, Tarkin and Vader have showed up. Still good. If you’ve not seen it, I’d say it’s even better than Clone Wars.

stumpyjon

Just getting to the end of Clone Wars so really appreciating Mando at the moment.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Harry Bosch commanding an imperial freighter this week, nice

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And if this week’s episode was telling the truth Ahsoka Tano next week.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I was a bit so-so about the first season but I think the second is quite a bit better, it feels grittier to me. Loving the casting as well, hopefully we’ll have Al Swearengen next week.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

In a similar universe

BillOddie

Friday was a big evening in the Oddie household as it was the Mando-WWE crossover episode with WWE star Sasha Banks (real name Mercedes Varnado) in it…

chakaping
    Free Member

WWE star Sasha Banks (real name Mercedes Varnado)

Erm, her real name is waaaaay cooler than her stage name.

Great episode wasn’t it? I wonder if those who feel underwhelmed may be younger, and thus not revelling in all the cinematic and TV references?

It’s a masterful genre pastiche, showing up JJ’s Star Wars films for the lightweight shit that they were.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I was quite appointed about the 1st series – watched it all 4 times.
    Sadly, the 2nd season, so far, sees me less than whelmed.

FuzzyWuzzy

Timothy Olyphant as The Marshall

Doh, thought he looked familiar – didn’t recognise him with hair though!

Season 2 seems good so far to me, it’s far from perfect but it’s entertaining

Tim
    Free Member

Really like it. Never been that hooked by star wars (3 ok films, 3 awful films, 3 ok films), but Mandalorian has been fun

anagallis_arvensis

Todays was certainly full of intrigue!!

doomanic

I was disappointed by the most recent episode.

nuke

Still loving it. Couldn’t care less about story arcs or whether episodes are ‘fillers’. Far worse on tv to waste time on…folks expectations seem incredibly high for what is just fictional entertainment 🤷

anagallis_arvensis

I was disappointed by the most recent episode.

What?
    The story just got massive!!!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I can’t see anyone disliking this week’s ep. Loved it.

anagallis_arvensis

I can’t see anyone disliking this week’s ep. Loved it.

Is it her is she the jedi…dont spoil it….runs away from thread

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 294 total)

The topic ‘Mandalorian Season 2’ is closed to new replies.