Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Mandalorian Season 2
  • Premier Icon eddiebaby

I’m working from home (as ever) and self-employed AND up to date with all my work. So when I get a Disney+ alert that Mandalorian is now streaming what else could I do but reheat some Hogs in Blankets, fry some corned beef hash and heat some peas.
    Right, time to switch off the brain and have some fun.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

I’m looking forward to watching it with my son when I get home

Premier Icon monkeyboyjc

That’s my evening viewing….

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

The Mandalorian managed to go from very promising to pretty dull in its first short run so I’ll probably be giving it a swerve this time around. Mind you, I’m totally on board with

Hogs in Blankets, fry some corned beef hash and heat some peas

and doubly so if those peas are mushy.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Ready for tonight also.  Do we know if its one episode per week as yet or can we watch multiple episodes tonight?

Premier Icon zilog6128

The Mandalorian managed to go from very promising to pretty dull in its first short run so I’ll probably be giving it a swerve this time around.

This. Too much other great telly to watch!

Premier Icon richmtb

Ready for tonight also. Do we know if its one episode per week as yet or can we watch multiple episodes tonight?

Looks like only the first episode is available

Premier Icon leffeboy

First run? First episode 😞

Premier Icon AlexSimon

Enjoyed Mando 1 with my boys, but I think it suits binge watching personally, so I’ll wait until they are all available.
    It was the first Star Wars product since Return of the Jedi that I enjoyed without cringing.

Premier Icon somafunk

one episode per week

Premier Icon nedrapier

The Mandalorian managed to go from very promising to pretty dull in its first short run so I’ll probably be giving it a swerve this time around.

We got bored with Season 1 fairly early, then stopped watching after the stupid awful prison ship episode. Went back after a few months to watch the last few for some reason and they were actually pretty good.

Premier Icon Freester
    Free Member

Well I my son was looking forward to watching S2 Ep1 this weekend. Unfortunately a minor behavioural indiscretion from my son last night means Mrs F has banned any TV for him this weekend. He may be allowed dessert though.

Do I watch it without him?

Premier Icon nuke

This. Too much other great telly to watch!

Id like to know what tv im missing thats better 🤷

Thought the Mandalorian was excellent…sure, you can pick holes like with an prog, but probably the best from last year

Pegg/Frost Truth Seekers also released today on Prime …be giving that a go too

Premier Icon Kamakazie

Might get round to it tonight but lunchtime is for the DH 🙂

Premier Icon funkmasterp

Do I watch it without him?

Err……yeah

Premier Icon kiwijohn

It was ok, but the biggest surprise was in the credits.

Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

Looking forward to watching it when my boy gets back from rugby. They had better not ruin Ahsoka!!!

Premier Icon doomanic

No spoilers please.

Pretty please.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

We only got halfway through the first series and just never got round to finishing it. I really enjoyed it, really reminded me of watching Westerns with my dad as a kid – improbable action, gaping plot holes and cheesy acting – but somehow just never finished it.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

Discovery next episode is tonight though

Premier Icon Drac

It’s more of the same which is good my books, it’s family viewing so not at all taxing.

Pegg/Frost Truth Seekers also released today on Prime …be giving that a go too

Seems not too bad loads of geeky references as per Pegg and Frost normally do.

Premier Icon Mikkel
    Free Member

Stupid prisson ship episode, how can you say that, it had X wings blowing stuff up.
    Just closing ones eyes and simply listening is condensed sound of star wars, it’s amazing 🙂

Premier Icon stevious

I really like the soundtrack. Being reductive, it’s basically just a western movie soundtrack with some arpeggiated synths to make it sound more space-y but then that’s pretty much the tone of the series anyway.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

It’s great imo. Basically a western that’s taken some influence from Shogun Assassin with a good soundtrack. Best Star Wars live action since the originals. It’s worth it just to see how excited my son is to watch it with me.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

but then that’s pretty much the tone of the series anyway.

It’s Cowboys in Space. I’m ok with that 🙂

Premier Icon sillysilly
    Free Member

Can’t wait. The only real Star Wars I’ve enjoyed since Return of the Jedi too.

Not trying to be too clever / long. Just super simple plot lines in short episodes. If people can’t suspend reality for an episode or think the acting is poor… How did you manage the last 6 + Solo / Rogue 😂

Premier Icon AlexSimon

As a bit of a geek when it comes to cameras and VFX, the way that some of the shots were done in Mandalorian were particularly fascinating. It made everyone try and recreate it at home, which is pretty rad.

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

What was in the credits @kiwijohn ? I watched twice

Premier Icon eddiebaby

It’s Cowboys in Space. I’m ok with that 🙂

No, cowboys in space was Firefly.

It’s worth it just to see how excited my son is to watch it with me.

Yep enjoyed that. Those red eyes were good, reminded me of an episode of Rebels, plus the graffiti….incoming awesomeness I reckon.

Premier Icon budgierider67

There was a big dose of Tremors in there too.

Premier Icon cynic-al

First run? First episode

Trailer?

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

References to Tremors, spaghetti westerns, and all sorts.

Just good fun stuff!

Premier Icon stumpyjon

What was in the credits @kiwijohn ? I watched twice

Last name was Temuera Morrison.

Spoiler Alert

Premier Icon loum
    Free Member

Enjoyed that. But as it’s one a week we’re going to need some other star wars fix. Got a 6 and 8 year old interested.
    What’s the better bet – clone wars or rebels?

Premier Icon funkmasterp

Clone Wars then Rebels

Premier Icon ChrisL

Clone Wars kind of passed me by and I vaguely gather it may taken a bit of a while to get into its stride. Rebels clicked for me immediately, I liked the smaller scale that it started with, just a small group of characters pretty much on their own, fighting for a small part of the galaxy. The story grew as it progressed and while it did so organically and continued to be enjoyable I most liked the small scale of the first season or so.

The Mandalorian I think also does well because it’s telling a fairly small story. It may end up having big ramifications but it’s primarily about one man trying to do what he feels is right, and the responsibilities he’s picked up along the way. The Star Wars movies have often tripped up over the weight of continuity and the need to rest plots of galactic importance on the shoulders of a few characters.

Stupidly, because I haven’t really watched that many Westerns I associate the incidental music in The Mandalorian mostly with the background music of the Borderlands video games.

Premier Icon kiwijohn

That’s it Stumpyjon.

Some of the detail in Rebels, especially in later obnes will be lost on you if you havent seen clone wars. Maybe even watching the last season of clone wars that was released in april ish would do..Rebels is better but the context will help.

Premier Icon twistedpencil

Clone Wars is immense when you get absorbed into it.  It rehabilitates Anakin as a character and makes his journey to the dark side more nuanced, the story arcs are brilliant.

I struggled with Rebels to start with as the Ezra character is another annoying star wars brat, luckily my own annoying brat enjoyed it so we stuck with it and it becomes another great series.

I think we watched Rebels first, or at least series 1 and 2 and then binged on the clone wars.  Definitely recommend Clone Wars first, it’s the best Star Wars to date.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.