Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Mancini Sacked
  • the_lecht_rocks

according to this afternoons press.

i support newcastle so not biased, but i think its madness on citys part.

hes a brilliant manager and capable of dealing with the egos.

city will fail from here on if hes sacked imo.

discuss…….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Could write a tune you can whistle to
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gT4OTYUS-c[/video]

tails
    Free Member

I agree it is foolish if they sack him as they will end up like chelsea winning every 3 years, where as they want to dominate like united.

Having said that he’s an average manager, he got Inter when Juve were relegated and last season was lost by United as opposed to won by city. He failed to deal with balotelli and publicly slated his two most loyal players kopany and hart.

Interesting to see where ronney goes as fergie has dropped him out the squad!!

trailmonkey

hes a brilliant manager and capable of dealing with the egos.

well, he didn’t manage balotelli, tevez or hart’s egos particularly well did he ?

i agree though. nonsense to sack him.

the_lecht_rocks

What a season finale its proving to be !!!

binners

The David Moyes thing was all a smokescreen. Mancini is taking over from Alex. A reverse Tevez! 😉

robgclarkson
    Free Member

binners – Member
    The David Moyes thing was all a smokescreen. Mancini is taking over from Alex. A reverse Tevez!

not only that, Fergie is going to city!!!!!

the_lecht_rocks

lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^

binners

Rooney to take over from Moyes as player/manager at Everton. Moyes is actually taking over from Jose at Real.

You heard it here first! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Doubt anyone is really surprised and whilst i dont personally rate him it must be a concern for City fans that their owners will be as trigger happy as Chelseas

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Dont think it is too kneejerk a decison – for the money spent at City the football they play is poor and they have done dreadfully in the champions league. If anything the owners have been pretty patient with him

binners

I think you have to have a certain respect for someone who can Spaff the vast sums of money he has done on players, then suggest, without a hint of irony, that the teams poor form was due to the owners refusal to spend. Priceless!

I believe it’s known as Benitez Syndrome 😆

the_lecht_rocks

mmmmmmm…….im changing my mind……..

and NUFC are SAFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Benitez Syndrome

Is that not where the fans also argue that he really did not spend very much and would welcome him back?

nicko74

Come on, he took City backwards, and his perpetual fiddling in Champions League games suggested that he didn’t understand the importance (or thought he was some kind of Mourinho style tactical genius).

It’s overdue, to be honest, although I’m sure City fans wish him all the best.

eruptron
    Free Member

I’m a City fan and hope he doesn’t get sacked although if he doesn’t he needs to adapt the team to get some speed to attack teams on the break. Things are just to slow and deliberate.

Omar Little – Member
    Dont think it is too kneejerk a decison – for the money spent at City the football they play is poor and they have done dreadfully in the champions league. If anything the owners have been pretty patient with him

This is bull the football we play has seen us win the FA cup the league come 2nd this season in both the FA cup and the league in the last two years. Arsenal fans may have a different view regarding pretty football!
    Could you tell me how much money we spent when Utd were spending 10 mill plus on Ferdinand,Veron,Van Nistalrooy,Rooney,York,Staam all those years ago. So to imply that City are the only club to be spending money is an opinion born from reading too much anti City media crud!!
    Omar could you tell everyone who was in our CL group?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOLz at the United fans, who in a thread about the sacking of a city manager an only jerk themselves off about the gaffs of a Liverpool manager who is long gone. So predictable.

Shouldn’t you be watching Sky and weeping into your prawn sandwiches right now?

MSP

It’s not confirmed, could just be media BS. So far the City hierarchy have been very firm in backing him as manager despite the media constantly questioning his position.

But there is a feeling that he doesn’t connect with the players, I think he usually gets the tactics right, but he doesn’t seem to be able to motivate the players when it’s going wrong.

mrmoofo

He will get sacked – he didn’t deliver unfortunately. Last season went really well but we won the league on a fluke. Not by great tactics, mind games or planning.

He should have built on last season – but we went backwards. he bought badly, Balotteli was disruptive, Hart seems to have ego issues, Tevez is coasting, and Clichy has been shit all season.
    He tried to address Nasri’s ego issues but failed.

Unfortunately, that is the managers job. Our season has been a bot touch and go all year. By fluke we are second – do we deserve, hell, no. We have played worse than we have done for many years.

Yesterday was just an example if 11 highly paid people who couldn’t be arsed.

I really like Mancini – he has built a real following – but he meddles with tactics al a Benetiz, rather than letting w winning team go on the roll.

WTF was wrong with Lescott – ugly but way, way better than Clichy on any day. Especially Saturdays in May it seems.

Wigan deserved to win. Mancini had to deliver but he couldn’t do it – not with the league, not in the European Championship and not the FA Cup.

mrhoppy

City win despite Mancini not because of him. He has a very strong squad so he doesn’t need to do much other than man manage and he gets that so badly wrong.

Rumours are Man City’s gonna get a new face in for next season

Lescott & Tevez will be fighting over it

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you be watching Sky and weeping into your prawn sandwiches right now

Nah winning the league is such a common occurrence it is hard to get emotional these days ….more a sense of arrogant entitlement tbh …hell even you expected it that is how dominant we are, probably best you dry your tears , the bitter tears of envy 😛

scousebri
    Free Member

Tbh on paper city have a team to beat any other, some truly world class players there. What i find is they don’t gel that well as a team. I like mancini, think he has a funny sort of arogance about him, only a few weeks ago he was claiming to be the best manager in the prem. Give him another season at least, clubs are to quick to sack managers these days.

MSP

WTF was wrong with Lescott – ugly but way, way better than Clichy on any day. Especially Saturdays in May it seems.

Clichy is a left back, Lescot a centre back. Probably best not to question tactics if that’s your level of understanding 🙄

trailmonkey

i think city’s performance yesterday was a direct result of what was going to happen today.

now you know what was in the air, their complete no show yesterday looks entirely explainable.

terrible leadership by the sheikhs and shows what contempt they must have for the fa cup.

mrmoofo

It was appalling mis management. Whatever was going on behind the scenes , their lack of support for Bob the Manc was just vitriolic, or stupid.
    And I am not sure which … they should have public supported him, or spelt out the go forward plan.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

terrible leadership by the sheikhs and shows what contempt they must have for the fa cup.

This +1

Add to that, the premiership’s contempt for it in playing another game on the same day. It’s not news that the cup is meaningless to the moneymen of the EPL these days, but it’s just a little bit sad to be reminded of it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

best you dry your tears , the bitter tears of envy

I’d rather just stick to the subject of the thread JY – you and binbins can (predictably) witter on about Liverpool if you must.

Junkyard
    Free Member

EDIT: The predictable dig about/to man U fayns on a City thread really helped keep it on track

Clichy is a left back, Lescot a centre back. Probably best not to question tactics if that’s your level of understanding

He can also play at Left back and I assume he has done for City amongst other teams
    His usual position is centre back

mrmoofo

Clichy is a left back, Lescot a centre back. Probably best not to question tactics if that’s your level of understanding

Patronising ****head night in your house on Sundays ? I didn’t realise SAF or David Moyes posted here …
    Anybody could have done a better job that Clichy yesterday. No matter what Lescott’s favoured position is, I would guess that he would happily adapt … or at 80K a week, do you feel he is isn’t able to?

McMananaman ran circles around Clichy – but Bob seemed blind

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

EDIT: The predictable dig about/to man U fayns on a City thread really helped keep it on track

🙄

I was just trying to nudge you and binbins away from derailing it, but you realise that already. You two constantly do this with football threads. It’s become boring and predictable. (I ought to be able to ignore it, really, I know this but hopefully, you might reconsider and give it a rest sometime.)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps you need to look closer to home in the letting it go stakes ?

I will take your point onboard but please take my mine.

MSP

or at 80K a week, do you feel he is isn’t able to?

Tevez is on over twice that, do you think he could adapt to playing left back twice as well? 😆

glupton1976
    Free Member

This thread is missing something.

timc
    Free Member

I have no dislike for Mancini or City, I work with a few City fans, all Love Mancini, who can blame them & they all question the people running the club, Board, Owners etc, for me though…

Question marks over whether he has the dressing room & whether he can motivate several players, doesn’t look that way in recent times.

Squad was weakened last summer & performances of current squad not up to expectations for such an array of quality. they have gone backwards, not forwards.

Totally understand the shout to keep faith & have stability, but the board / owners clearly think there is a better man for the job, which I also understand…

binners

I completely agree with what Dave Wheelan said yesterday. The FA cup final should be the last game of the season. Just daft to have it before that.

City were woeful yesterday though. Never turned up. And it makes you wonder how much of that is down to the behind the scenes gossip. Hardly what you need before a big game. I didn’t think that City would do a Chelsea. But it looks that way. Fingers crossed : D

This thread is missing something.

What? A trip down memory lane?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Corporate Football is just that …..

loum
    Free Member

Swansea fans were brilliant today.
    They were 1 -0 up away at OT , and they were singing at whiskeynose

You’re getting sacked in the morning…

Guess that late goal bought him another week. 😉

binners

That’s brilliant!!! 😆

PrinceJohn

I don’t think he did himself any favours essentially saying back me or sack me to the board yesterday….
    It always seemed like he was on borrowed time since the Champions League debacle (even if 2 of the teams from the group made the semis)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Mancini Sacked’ is closed to new replies.