Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Mancini Sacked
  • binners

Ah yes. The benign, stabalising, and nurturing dressing room presence of John Terry

Who’s words of selfless wisdom they can benefit from if they can avoid getting shot by Ashley Cole first 😆

mrmoofo

Ah yes. The benign, stabalising, and nurturing dressing room presence of John Terry

Who’s words of selfless wisdom they can benefit from if they can avoid getting shot by Ashley Cole first

😆
    Rumours abound, that Mancini was the darling of the press and fans, but a little of a two faced shit behind closed doors. The issues with Tevez were clear for all, and the failure to act. Hart and Lescott didn’t deserve the public humiliations. Nasri did …
    His prima donnaish behaviour was not going dwon well with the owners – and blaming them for failing to act last summer didn’t endear him further. He didn’t seem to have a forward plan, it seems. He bought is some great players – but some absolute dross as well. I’m not sure where Balotelli fits in that one!

Re Benitez – he’s a love him / hate him guy. I cannot warm to him – he is over sumg, little humility, I don’t know what it is. Mourinho is tyhe same but there is something more emotional to like about him than the fat spanish waiter …

But I would take Benitez above Hughes back or David O’Leary …

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Terry and Lampard?

You don’t get much more Chelsea than Terry & Lampard is as much a one club player as you’ll expect to see nowadays.

Not to mention Ryan Bertrand, Nathan Ake & Josh McEachran. Although whether Ake or McEachran will make the breakthrough that Bertrand had remains to be seen.

Tribalism & short-sightedness in football, you’ve got to love it… 🙄

ps I freely admit that CFC displays the very worst vices of the modern game. If I’m honest I sometimes long for the days when we were crap..edit: It’s actually very embarrassing to be a CFC currently fan… 😳

hora
    Free Member

Glad hes gone though, sick of hearing ‘the City manager mankini’ as it always reminds me of

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok terry i wil give you but lamos is not a life long chelsea boy he is west ham but yes they will give the tradition of the club – i said few if any and I meant few teams had players who came through the ranks and had 10 +years at the club – Richards at man City and look how he was treated

I also agree that Hart was badly treated as the interview after the real madrid defeat he only said you dont give away a lead like that and it was a bland Tv interview tbh with a bit of a we messed up – it did not deserve to be smacked down for it as the team needed leaders on the pitch

I think the Tevez think must have meant he lost authority ..you will never play here again …oh welcome back – would fergie have allowed
    that?

mrmoofo

would fergie have allowed that?

Wayne Rooney
    Ronaldo ….

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said they would never play for the club they went away for 6 months then he let them play..missed all of that
    TBH i dont even know what story you are referring to
    Scholes once refused to play and he fined him 2 weeks wages and that was it. I think when fergie said you would never play for the club again you never played for the club again and I dont think he ever said it to the press tbh

MSP

Richards at man City and look how he was treated

How was he treated? He has been out for most of the season injured and Zabaleta has arguably been the best right back in the premiership this year, one of city’s few heroes throughout the season. It can be hard to displace a form player at any team.

PrinceJohn

Interesting people mentioning up & coming managers on this thread, Moyes hasn’t won a major trophy, Roberto Martinez at Wigan winning a major trophy this season is an exception rather than a rule.

It’s a shame that the days are long gone where someone like Fergie or Clough could take a provincial team to the top of the league & Europe without a massive cash injection.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Mancini Sacked’ is closed to new replies.