Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Manchester food
  • crispo
    Free Member

Taking Mrs Crispo to the MEN tonight to watch Jesus Christ Superstar.

Looking for somewhere nearby for a good quick meal tonight. Any recommendations of somewhere close that will be able to turn us round in an hour or so?

Not too fussed about the type as long as it’s tasty!

j5kol
    Free Member

Luck, lust, liquor and burn in the NQ. Perfect for pre-theatre, not too posh but damn good grub

funkrodent

Whole host of decent eateries in the Northern Quarter, maybe 5 minutes walk or so from the venue. Check out Thomas Street for a range of options. For pre event food I’d recommend Dough. It’s on the junction of Thomas St and the High St and is a very original pizza joint ( a one-off as well, not a chain). Proper wood fired oven and nice crispy bases (you choose what type of base you want) and whilst you’ll get a lot of the “usual suspect” pizzas, there are loads of toppings and combos that will surprise and delight!

http://www.doughpizzakitchen.co.uk

Alternatively, just up from Dough you’ve got the Northern Quarter restaurant and the Market restaurant. Both more expensive, both original in their own way. More gourmet grub, but probably a bit slower, more a destination in their own right than a place to go to before moving on, if that makes sense.
    Anyway, there are loads of good eateries and bars in that area if pizza ain’t your thang, get there as early as you can and have a good nose around, you won’t be disappointed

portlyone

Thought The Market had closed?

Bakerie is nice, if a little further afield.

funkrodent

It did shut down a few years ago. But a regular customer liked it so much he bought it and re-opened. Was there at the beginning of this year and it was great. He’s a big wine buff, so it has a really good wine list. As far as I know it’s still there

*makes note to go and check at lunch as I work about 5 mins walk away*

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Dough would be my first choice too.

caters for all too, regardless of dietary restrictions/choices (i.e. offers dairy free and gluten free pizza as standard options on the menu).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pffft.. STW slackers..

Clearly the stock answer to this is a Lard Sarny. 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Manchester food’ is closed to new replies.