Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Malverns, I fancy going on Wednesday, but have no idea…
  • jkomo

… Where to start, what are the best trails etc.
    Can any Malvernites give me some tips?

jkomo

No one?

bobbyspangles

swing by back on track bikes and they will be able to point you in a good direction.

jkomo

Ta

jimw
    Free Member

There are some reasonable pointers on the trail guide section on this site.
    If you start at the car park about 200m from Back on track bikes, almost all of the trails going south between there and the Wyche are bridalways. South of the Wyche in general only those on the east side are bridalways. From British Camp south towards Eastnor, not much is legit.

jkomo

Thanks
    Going this wednesday if anyone has any updates on conditions

stevied
    Free Member

Malvernite here…

If you stick to the main tracks (not the best ones) then you’ll be OK conditions wise. Most of the main ones are pretty hard packed so tend to be fairly rideable in all conditions.
    The better trails tend to be off the beaten track a bit and, as such, can get boggy. They were on Thursday last week..

This is a pretty easy route to follow and gives some of the better ‘normal’ paths.. http://www.backontrack-bikes.com/routes2.php
    As mentioned, pop into Back-on-Track and they’ll point you in the right direction. This route starts just above the shop so you can park @ the shop (free) or in the car-park (£3).

jkomo

Great, thanks

gribble
    Free Member

It is good fun. Not local, but inlaws are, so sometimes my escape ride. Head for car park near bike shop. Pay up and head up the dirt road at the south end. Keep going until you see a trail leading off to the right, from here I literally follow my nose, tracking round the hills and heading up to the beacons for the views and wind.

Had fun up there in the snow, but don’t know any cheeky or more interesting routes I am afraid. Probably about the most logical place to explore, as almost everything can be so easily referenced by views of Malvern and the easy orientation of the land.

Have a good one.

gribble
    Free Member

It is good fun. Not local, but inlaws are, so sometimes my escape ride. Head for car park near bike shop. Pay up and head up the dirt road at the south end. Keep going until you see a trail leading off to the right, from here I literally follow my nose, tracking round the hills and heading up to the beacons for the views and wind.

Had fun up there in the snow, but don’t know any cheeky or more interesting routes I am afraid. Probably about the most logical place to explore, as almost everything can be so easily referenced by views of Malvern and the easy orientation of the land.

Have a good one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Malverns, I fancy going on Wednesday, but have no idea…’ is closed to new replies.