Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Makita circular saw – left or right handed blade
  • mj27
    Free Member

I have a Makita cordless circulars saw that has served me well and need to replace it.

I have noticed that some have the blade on the left, others on the right; is there a reason for this other than personal preference?

benpinnick

They are handed so that you use your strong hand for the push. But of course you could likely use either ok.

kayak23

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed them for sale handed.
    Mine is like this and I’m right handed.
    I guess thinking about it, it is right-handed.

I use both sides when I use the fence attachment, but I guess I mainly run against a straight edge on the left side, largely because the motor body may foul on the right.

Track saw is opposite.

dyna-ti

Cant say ive ever noticed either, though for me at least using mine and shops saws, the blade is on the right of the handle.
    Maybe covered here
    https://toolguyd.com/right-handed-vs-left-handed-circular-saws/

maccruiskeen

For small cordless saws I prefer them with the blade on the left – they are the kind of saw you’ll more likely use freehand to follow a line rather than work to a clamped guide –  and its just easier to see what the blade is cutting (if you are right handed) and the blade isn’t obscured by the body of the saw

Conventionally they usually have the blade on the right  – largely because saws tend to throw all the dust out on blade side so (if you’re right handed) are throwing the dust away from you rather than straight into your pockets

bridges
    Free Member

Is that a map of Manhattan on your bench, Kayak?

kayak23

No, Milton Keynes.

dyna-ti

Keep a magnet just for getting panel pins out ? 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Makita circular saw – left or right handed blade’ is closed to new replies.