• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by goby.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mach trails Dyfi – what are they like?
  • dirkpitt74

Found the maps for these earlier today after watching the Atherton’s latest video about the Dyfi area.

I notice that there’s the Mach1-4 loops and the Cli-MachX trail.

What are they like?

Trail Forks app suggests that the last decent on the MachX trail is black rated with everything else red – what’s it really like?

Thanks

lawman91

The last descent on the ClimachX is frankly, epic! My favourite man-made descent by a mile. It is pretty rough in places but there is nothing huge or scary on it, no massive jumps or gaps, it’s just proper! If you can handle red’s at places like CyB or similar welsh centres you’ll be fine. Technically the last descent is graded Red, or at least it was the last time I rode some 4 years ago. Never rode Mach 1, 2 or 3, but I hear they’re more natural feeling and not as fun, more old school XC in feel. ClimachX is a must-do if you’re in the area, the first climb is massive, no two ways about it, but it’s worth it for the last descent.

dirkpitt74

Thanks for the info.

Have done the Red’s at C-Y-B, so hopefully I should be OK.

Do they all start from the same place?

kayak23

Me and two pals did Mach 3 a couple of weeks back.

Agree with above, it’s kind of old school xc, epic views but not too much technicality or owt.

Next time I think I’ll go Climachx

lawman91

No, they start from all over the place! The Mach Trails (1, 2 and 3) technically start from the the town of Machynllyth, the ClimachX starts from a car park a few miles from the town itself.

daveevs
    Free Member

Hello.

I’m local round here.

Climachx and the Dyfi Forest in general has a wide range of singletrack, from fun and flowy to full-on hardcore. If you’ve come from trail centres, expect to find it rocky and slippery in the wet, as this is slate country! Each climb is 250-300m. Phone signal in the forest is poor, so don’t expect all mobile apps to work.

The Mach Trails are old-skool XC trails (now known as Epic, Backcountry, Adventure…) taking in vast views and landscapes. They are not technical in the modern sense, but If you know how, they can be linked all the way to Nant Y Arian making a great day out.

Useful links are:

http://www.Dyfimountainbiking.org.uk – maps and info for DIYers

Trail Forks – more of the off-piste stuff.

Facebook: Climachx Trail Page and Dyfi Mountain Biking Group for all your questions.

http://www.bikecorris.co.uk – for a guided weekend.

dirkpitt74

@daveevs thanks for the info.

Will check out the links you’ve provided.

goby

Yep i was checking out the trails there to after watching the video, going to sort a trip out i think to sample them 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mach trails Dyfi – what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.