Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M7 nut with left hand thread for DMR V12
  • stormtrooper
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can find the above? I thought I’d strip and re-grease my DMR V12s as one of them had developed a creak but forgot that the right hand pedal has a left hand thread and the inevitable happened…

I know you can buy a service kit for £25 but for that money I’d sooner put it towards a brand new set of pedals for the sake of 1 x nut. I’ve tried loads of engineering places but it seems they do every other size apart from M7 (thanks DMR)

Alternatively what would anyone recommend as a replacement for the V12s, preferably thinner and lighter? The Race Face Chesters look nice…

Cheers

honourablegeorge

Are they by any chance the same part as used on the Vault? If so, I have a couple of spares i could bacng in an envelope for you

Edit – *turns brain on* M7 sounds a lot bigger than the Vault one

stormtrooper
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge – looks like they’re M5s for the Vaults but thanks for the offer anyway

honourablegeorge

Have you tried emailing DMR? Olly at DMR was kind enough to send me a replacement end cap FOC when Ihad a similar ham fisted moment ages back, am sure they’d send you a free nut

Failing that, I’d recommend the OneUp composite pedals

DezB
    Free Member

I might have some unused V12s in the garage. If you don’t have any success with george’s suggestion, mail me and I’ll check this eve.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge – yeah I tried DMR directly but they said the nut was only available as part of the maintenance kit…

@DezB
    – thanks for the offer, if they’re black I may well be interested. Let me know how much you’d want for them…

As an alternative to sourcing a new nut, is there any reason why supergluing the old nut on wouldn’t work (apart from rendering the pedal un-serviceable)?

stumpy01

TR Fastenings – although not entirely sure if they sell to the public. Might be worth giving them a call though:

https://www.trfastenings.com/products/Catalogue/Nuts/Standard-Hexagon/DIN-Full-Nuts/Left-Hand-Thread/TR00000608-100

Looks like something in the RC world uses them, as I also found these:

https://rc-car-online.de/en/products/fg_10437_01-10437-01-fg-hexagon-nut-m7-left-handed-thread.html

I’m assuming they are metal, rather than something like Delrin.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

@stumpy01 – I tried TR Fastenings but I would have needed to set up a trade account. Cheers for the link to the RC site, my google searching didn’t bring them up. They look like they’ll do the job so I’ve taken a punt…

asbrooks
    stormtrooper
    Free Member

@asbrooks – yeah, I did see those but it would need to be an open nut…

I’ll post back when the RC ones arrive to confirm their suitability (or otherwise) just in case it helps anyone else who is as ham-fisted as I am

Cheers

DezB
    Free Member

– thanks for the offer, if they’re black I may well be interested. Let me know how much you’d want for them…

They’re tatty and blue – I was just gonna dismantle one and send you the nut 🙂

stormtrooper
    Free Member

@DezB – the RC nut has arrived and it fits but it’s very thin and I’m not sure I’d trust it not to leave me in the middle of nowhere with only one pedal. If you’re still up for it I’d like to take you up on your offer to send me the nut from your V12s. Let me know if you’re still happy to do this and I’ll send you my details. Cheers mate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M7 nut with left hand thread for DMR V12’ is closed to new replies.