Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lyme Disease "May be Sexually Transmitted"
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

“The presence of the Lyme spirochete in genital secretions and identical strains in married couples strongly suggests that sexual transmission of the disease occurs”

This sounds moderately worrying to me. Most of us get a fair few ticks implanted each season, some of us allegedly have sex occasionally, only 50% of Lyme cases actually present with the bulls-eye rash we all know to check for.

I am not good enough at reading journal abstracts to know whether this is actually worrying, and the journal article is behind a subscription paywall.

Anyone have any thoughts?

matt_outandabout

Abstain? 😉

peteimpreza

Not a problem for most of the misfits on STW who only have sex with Mrs Palmer

dbcooper
    Free Member

My OH is a lazyoverworked boy and he gets bitten a lot.
    Time to start banning naughty time.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m not going to be at the centre of an epidemic of sexually-transmitted Lyme disease. It’s just troubling to think one might be picking up something properly nasty while playing outdoors that could really screw up the other half.

🙂

gwaelod
    Free Member

I’m never gonna bum a tick again!!

Stoner
    Free Member

one might be picking up something properly nasty while playing outdoors that could really screw up the other half

Stop dogging bareback then! 🙂

bigjim

So if I’ve been treated for Lyme’s in the past, am I still spunking spirochetes?

scaredypants

Fear not, shaggers* ! (maybe)

*(rodent-shaggers, anyway)

BigDummy
    Free Member

That is most helpful scaredypants. I’m relaxing.

🙂

bigjim

Interesting development. How do I un-send text messages?

maccruiskeen

only 50% of Lyme cases actually present with the bulls-eye rash we all know to check for.

But if the disease can be transmitted sexually there would also be a significant number of cases of Lymes disease amongst people who haven’t been bitten by tick but who do have a fancy for special cuddles with swarthy outdoorsy types…..

am I still spunking spirochetes

…..or eating particular pasta shapes

scaredypants

How do I un-send text messages?

depends how many you’ve sent

footflaps

some of us allegedly have sex occasionally,

Steady on there, this is an IT forum masquerading as a macho outdoor sport fetish site, hence sex is just something other people have!

teethgrinder

Get married? Not much danger of it being transmitted then…

iain1775
    Free Member

Most of us get a fair few ticks implanted each season, some of us allegedly have sex occasionally

Suddenly I feel like an unwelcome stranger around these parts
    Ticks seemingly aren’t interested in implanting themselves in me and the wife definitely isn’t interested in any implanting

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bah!

I mean, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

emsz
    Free Member

“But there may be a bigger risk of getting Lyme disease in the bedroom.”

Chlamydia is soooo yesterday.

What are symptoms of Lyme? Just, yknow, on the off chance LOL !!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

emsz

Swollen neck glands, manky throat, post-exercise headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, troubles with tendons and cartilage…

Home

It’s ok, that nice Phillip baker promises you needn’t worry.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

BigDummy – Anyone have any thoughts?

Some Lymies have long assumed the need to be careful.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lyme Disease "May be Sexually Transmitted"’ is closed to new replies.