Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 326 total)
  • Muslims offended again
  • Lifer
    Free Member

scandal42 – Member
    Keith Vaz the mango crusader.

I hope that’s not intentional, but you should read up on the history of the Mango Crusades because it could be considered very offensive to call someone that!

warton
    Free Member

Would we all be speak German

well, Germany lost the war, and I don’t think they all speak English, so there’s your answer.

as an asisde, would speaking german be such a terrible thing, it’s just a way of communicating with one another isn’t it? and you could fluently order Bratwurst in Germany The Motherland on your holidays. Double WIN.

deviant
    Free Member

Organised religion is dog sh*t, it has no place in today’s society, just teach people not to be c**ts to each other….parents should be doing this, teachers should be reinforcing it at school….there is no need for ‘religious leaders’ having to teach this but with their own agendas and biases thrown in for good measure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

well, Germany lost the war, and I don’t think they all speak English, so there’s your answer.

We weren’t the aggressive, conquering and domineering far superior Ayran race who was looking to rule the earth for a thousand years. We were the blokes (and ladies) with our backs to the wall for 6years. We were war weary and just wanted it over so we could de-mob?

Thankfully for Germany and Japan both the UK and US wanted to build a better place for them (to stop the red threat of Junky) 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Doesn’t really support Horas assertion. Are there any newer polls? The problem with shooty violent people who want to die for a cause is that they usually punch far above their own weight. The actions of a select few nutters screaming at the top of their voices can often seem to many, to be the voice of a whole race. Unfortunately it’s not only Christians who end up thinking that but impressionable young Muslims as well

It’s not a few nutters it is millions of people. 1.5 billion muslims X 5% nutters = Lots of nutters. Nutters who are in contact via the web and share a common ethos wherever they are living and no, they don’t want to die for a cause they want someone else do die. The Saudi State for example is a scary islamic nightmare place where 13 century ethics sit alongside 21st century arms.
    The rise of global Islam is a proper, real and serious problem as even moderate islam endorses the basic tennets of the radicals and that embiggens (I know) their ambitions.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The meaning of life right there.

Live quietly, and buy stuff.

Which is really rather ironic

As all religions will teach against this

But carry on boys … the path of enlightenment is N+1 Bike/stereo/TV/whatever

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You’re right in a way jools and there is a lot of variation in the support for terrorism.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2006/05/23/where-terrorism-finds-support-in-the-muslim-world/

edlong
    Free Member

I will go into more detail about this in another post later tonight

A thread on this subject, and you think it will still be available to post on by tonight? You’re optimistic..

hora
    Free Member

The Saudi State for example is a scary islamic nightmare place where 13 century ethics sit alongside 21st century arms.

What worries me is destroying ancient sites, places of architectural and historic Islamic interest (in Syria, Iraq etc etc). In with this is Saudi sponsoring new versions (‘updates’) of the Koran inserting text and changing meaning. Wahhabists espouse destroying history. If you have no history and/or its been rewritten what does the future start to hold?

Citations required? Heres one link. Easy to find more. In one notable example it states enemies: ‘Israel’.

http://www.islamicpluralism.org/1091/rewriting-quran

Junkyard
    Free Member

The rise of global Islam is a proper, real and serious problem

Of course it is we have defeated communism so we are desperately in need of a new bogeyman to continue the status quo of us attacking others whilst portraying them as a threat. though not Saudi, who are the start of the most radical form of Islam, because they do the west bidding so we turn a blind eye to the ones we can control [ whatever their human rights record.

EDIT:

is Saudi sponsoring new versions (‘updates’) of the Koran inserting text and changing meaning.

Hora please use google before asking stuff
    Once you have you will realise the whabbi take a very strict and ancient[ medieval] view of it an oppose updates , ie the opposite of what you said.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

At least she didn’t have a pet dog…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28564984

warton
    Free Member

1.5 billion muslims X 5% nutters

can you provide a link to that ‘fact’ please.

otherwise I’m going to ignore your assertion that 75 Million Muslims are terrorists.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

5 percent in the UK think attacks against civilians justified, or something.

scandal42
    Free Member

I hope that’s not intentional, but you should read up on the history of the Mango Crusades because it could be considered very offensive to call someone that!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Vaz-seeks-end-mango-ban/story-21169207-detail/story.html

As for the incidents you speak of, ‘Mango Crusades’ is hardly a widely used description.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Whereas in Israel a reported 97% of the population think that attacks against civilians is justified. Yay religion!

deviant
    Free Member

I cant help but think the UK was wrong in rejecting Germany’s advances to be allies during WW2, Hitler respected the UK and wanted it….our politicians rejected it.
    An alliance with Germany would’ve made us unstoppable in Europe (perhaps the world?)…the UK could’ve turned a blind eye to the ethnic cleansing that the Nazis were carrying out and Europe would look a lot different now, no outsiders causing problems, no Gypsies etc etc, a proper Europe for Europeans not any old Tom, Dick or Harry that wants to come here.

The benefit of hindsight eh?

warton
    Free Member

or something? really? or what? 0.5% 0.05%?

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s a generally accepted stat that between 5% and 15% of muslims globally can be described as having fundamentalist beliefs, I low balled it. The studies are easily available all over the web especially when Kaspersky isn’t blocking all the bloody sites.

scandal42
    Free Member

It’s a generally accepted stat that between 5% and 15% of muslims globally can be described as having fundamentalist beliefs, I low balled it. The studies are easily available all over the web especially when Kaspersky isn’t blocking all the bloody sites.

Accepted by who?

Was the research process similar to Family Fortunes?

BillMC

Being ‘offended’ is a way of making yourself a victim. Then you ‘retaliate’ and you are not responsible for your actions but someone else is since you are a victim. This rhetorical sleight of hand is used in all conflicts and currently it seems that Hamas is making the victim IDF bomb the hell out of Gaza including UN schools full of civilians.
    Taking offence is a simple way of abdicating responsibility for your own aggressive behaviour. If people were really offended then perhaps they would be happier living under regimes which perpetuate their particular beliefs. (unlikely) Or is it a way of trying to reshape the culture of a country to an Islamic model?(more likely)

joolsburger
    Free Member

Accepted by various governmental, independent research and thinktank types but yes that’s right they asked 100 members of the public how many muslim fundies there probably 🙄 are.

I’m also not going to rise to your strawman comment re terrorists.

Northwind

Even if we accept your “accepted” figure, it’s a big jump further to declare all religious fundamentalists “nutters” as you have. But considering there isn’t even an accepted definition of what makes a fundamentalist it’s hard to see how you can put any sensible number on it

enfht
    Free Member

you mean like the jewish community in the wake of what’s going on in Gaza?

Er, no.

wwaswas

between 5% and 15% of muslims globally can be described as having fundamentalist beliefs

I expect a similar number of Christians could be described like that. They don’t necessarily support acts of terrorism or killing though?

warton
    Free Member

Accepted by various governmental, independent research and thinktank types but yes that’s right they asked 100 members of the public how many muslim fundies there probably are.

come on then, 1 link. 1 government link.

Junkyard
    Free Member

considering there isn’t even an accepted definition of what makes a fundamentalist it’s hard to see how you can put any sensible number on it

Look rational man we are just grabbing a suitably high yet plausible figure aout the air whilst suggesting everyone agrees with it to spread fear
    Dont be making such weak objections in the face of the facts.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Even if we accept your “accepted” figure, it’s a big jump further to declare all religious fundamentalists “nutters” as you have.

Why? If you believe in and live your life based on a set of supernatural beliefs without a shred of evidence and those beliefs infact inform some questionable(at best)moral decisions I’d say you were, in fact, a nutter.

Saudi Arabia is a State of 28 million people who observe strict(fundamental)islamic beliefs, I need to find another 30 million or so people globally that fit the same bill, do I really have to do the maths for you.

Do you really not accept that there are 75 million islamic people who at a fundamental level want their version of the truth to be adopted worldwide? Find out how many muslims are Salafists and it gives you an idea of the numbers of really serious nutters.

I’m not being alarmist just working through the numbers.

irc

36% of 16 to 24-year-olds believe if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death, compared with 19% of over-55s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6309983.stm

Sounds pretty fundamentalist to me. People can believe what they want but death for rejecting a religion?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Saudi Arabia is a State of 28 million people

… which needs to employ a substantial police force to ensure its population is being Islamic enough and not (for example) driving while female, in an annoyingly 19th century way.

I don’t think simply totalling up entire countries’ populations is a remotely credible approach to working out how many insane Muslims there are in the world.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Whereas in Israel a reported 97% of the population think that attacks against civilians is justified. Yay religion!

I doubt 97 percent think that attacks with the specific aim of killing civilians is as high as 97 percent, although I would imagine it would be closer to the numbers that think so in other middle eastern countries as opposed to the number of British muslims who do. War probably increases people’s apathy towards civilian deaths.

From my links.

joolsburger
    Free Member

… which needs to employ a substantial police force to ensure its population is being Islamic enough and not (for example) driving while female, in an annoyingly 19th century way

OK there are about 2000 muslim fundamentalists worldwide and it’s not a problem, my mistake.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

If the M’lims are not fighting other religions then they fighting amongst other Islamic sects.

They are pain in the backside and will not integrate and now flying Gaza flags outside their houses in my street.

Cougar

it’s a big jump further to declare all religious fundamentalists “nutters” as you have.

Sorry, I’m confused. Could you give me an example of some religious fundamentalists who aren’t nutters please? I’m not overly sure which demographic you’re referring to here.

lalazar
    Free Member

Joolsburger you sound like a bit of a fundamantalist nutjob yourself the way your trying to push your viewpoint down everones throats. By the way when was the last time a muslim confronted you in person and tried to indoctrinate you ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Joolsburger you sound like a bit of a fundamantalist nutjob yourself the way your trying to push your viewpoint down everones throats. By the way when was the last time a muslim confronted you in person and tried to indoctrinate you ?

Last time I was on the street in Oxford. But hey, let’s keep the debate revolving around emotional attacks by both sides. Instead of reasoned debate and thought with you know…. some facts thrown in and relevant articles used as references.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Meh

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

On a side note, what do people think of the new wave of Islamic neo-colonial intentions from so called moderates such as Erdogan? Who has stated that Thessaloniki belongs to Turkey, a man who has also been stirring up trouble among the Turkish populations of Vienna and Germany? And the increasingly vocal supporters for the cause of ‘occupied moorish territory’ lol.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have no idea what has been posted but this made me chuckle : “Muslims offended again” then in the Daily Telegraph article this :

A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: “Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony.”

So “Muslims offended again” turns out according to the Daily Telegraph to be two individuals in Malaysia.

And for balance here’s two individuals who shame the West :

Cougar

How long has Ian Hislop been in the police?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No idea. Since they scrapped minimum height requirement ?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 326 total)

The topic ‘Muslims offended again’ is closed to new replies.