Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lube on car ceiling
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Had a total shocker getting my bike into the car and caught the chain on the roof of the car. Any tips on cleaning it off??

mrh86

Lighter fluid

jonba
    Free Member

washing up liquid worked for me.

Kryton57

Dammit, i thought this was going to be a dogging thread.

Joe

No idea how it always gets up there.

joat

Chain degreaser, spray on some good quality kitchen towel and dab onto marks, it should pull the oil out. Don’t wipe or you’ll end with a much larger stain.

Tiger6791

Surely ‘headlining’ not ceiling

Oh, brake & clutch cleaner from Halfords works a treat

DrT
    Free Member

Will watch thread with interest, my lease car goes back next week and I have just noticed mess made of the headlining from shoving the tandem in the back of the car.

ali69er
    Free Member

I will give this a try today. Thanks team.

tonyplym
    Free Member

If you use a solvent-based stain remover to shift the stain then don’t put it directly onto the stain – if you do as the solvent spreads out it’ll carry some of the stain with it and you’ll end up with a ring-shaped stain. Apply the solvent around the stain, so that it works in towards the stain from its edges.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve used the Autoglym Interior Shampoo in the past and it worked really well. This stuff. I’d maybe try that before resorting to pure solvents.

dannyh
    Free Member

And the award for biggest discrepancy between promising thread title and actual content goes to……….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lube on car ceiling’ is closed to new replies.