• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by geex.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lowest rail to top of saddle
  • jedi

To maximise dropper insert on a small frame

Yak

WTB Silverado is pretty low. I’m mostly on tundras but this is much lower than those.

Stevet1
    Free Member

SDG duster is pretty low for a useable saddle. I have a “MTN P” version and it’s been great.

Akers

Hi Tony, are ou trying to get the seat as low as possible when the dropper is down? if so, what dropper have you got? Some have a much higher stack from the base of the collar to the seat rail than others. For example I can only fit a 125mm Fox Transfer on my Pivot (for my leg length), but would be just about able to squeeze a 160 BikeYoke revive in. You’ll have more luck in reducing the height there than the saddle I reckon.

Bez

Original Flite is very low; so low I’ve had them lunched by rail clamps before. New ones are taller.

akira

One up dropper pretty low stack height as well, plus you can get longer and adjust it down for maximum droppage.

geex
    Free Member

Pricy but a selle SLR dude. The 135 version is well low. got ’em on 4 bikes and they’re a good inch lower than most of the saddles they replaced.

or if on a budget the Prime ti from CRC/Wiggle
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/prime-ti-road-saddle/rp-prod155619

Both are nice flat topped minimalist padding racy saddles SLR is more comfortable as the super light upper flexes like fk (in a good way)

jedi

Just ordered a v2 150 dropper for my small giant reign.

BillOddie

SQ Labs are apparently really short vertically.

kayak23

Sdg Circuit is low.

jedi

Cheers 🍻

slowboydickie

You need to mobilise a drone army to go out and measure the saddle heights because manufacturers do not quote figures. I’ll start, measured from centre of the saddle rail, from bottom of rail:

Charge spoon 53mm
    Nukeproof Vector DH 44mm
    WTB Volt 43mm
    Body Geometry Phenom Comp 48mm

geex
    Free Member

SLR 38mm, 41mm and 46mm (different years/models).
    Prime ti 43mm
    Being really flat means they’re actually even lower as I still ride all mtb saddles nosed up DJ/DH style.
    Saddles with a raised rear (scooped) absolutely baffle me for mtb. less aasy to move around on for weight shift/placement adjustments, harder to get off the back AND onto the nose. with redudced pelvic?baws clearance for mannys etc. Plus they’re all uncomfy AF to me as you end up stuck in the scoop.

simondarlo
    Free Member

WTB Silverado was the lowest one I could find when I was in the same boat. Pretty comfy too.

sirromj

Not to ‘derail’ the thread, I hated the expensive Selle SLR I requested for my birthday. The ridge around the central cutout looked and felt ok, just not for me to sit on. And definitely a very bad saddle to case a small jump on without a dropper.

Kamakazie

Selle Flite Ti I have to put up on classifieds ranges from 35-40mm between centre of rail & top.

geex
    Free Member

@Sirromj SLR 135s don’t have a cut out. Saddle cut out channels are stupid. especially on an mtb. Not quite as much as sitting down while casing small jumps though. 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lowest rail to top of saddle’ is closed to new replies.