Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lord of the Squirrels (Whistler) – Pics
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

Sweamrs and I are just back from a fantastic week in Whistler even if it was a bit hot and dry.  Whilst Whistler mountain gets most of the hype we spent a few days riding outside the park including the fantastic new trail Into the Mystic and Lord of the Squirrels.  I’ve done several alpine rides in BC (Frisby, Keystone, Seven Summits) and I reckon this one is the best yet which is just as well considering the $250000+ it cost to build.  A beautiful climbing trail leads to alpine singletrack and then a “BC Blue” descent with enough tech to keep it interesting but not intimidating for me at least.  The photos are of the climb / traverse- didn’t stop to take any photos of the descent.

http://www.worca.com/sproatt-alpine-multi-use-trail/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It had just opened when I was last there, just didn’t have the legs left to get up there. Then saw the vids! Next time

SaxonRider

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Kuco

Was their a couple of weeks ago. The climb is a bastard as you dare not stop because as soon as you did the midges just attacked you.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Awesome news. When we went it was being constructed so not ready yet, we’re back again next year and this is top of the list for us! And riding top of the world again without sleet!!

akira

Slightly disappointed at no pictures of a huge squirrel.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Ah yes. The bugs.  Nobody ever mentions the alpine bugs but they`re there every time you get up high.

winterfold
    Free Member

It does indeed seem there is a Lord of the Squirrels…

“>”Then I met the “Alpha Squirrel”… While building a bridge next to a giant cedar, he would come to within a few feet of my running chainsaw to “bark” at me. At first, I found him to be cute and funny. After a few days, I was awed at his resolve: The trail would be named after him!</span>

“>“Lord of the Squirrels!”

“>We became best friends.”

I feel I must make a BC pilgrimage, again 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lord of the Squirrels (Whistler) – Pics’ is closed to new replies.