Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Looks like I’m gonna be spending a bit of time on here over the next week…
  • tomhoward

Least it’ll be sorted in time for chrimbo.

I wouldn’t be confident. This is the third extension to my stay and I’ve only been here a week. Chaps across from me seem to be in a much more severe condition, and they are getting told of delay after Delay, even on the day they were due to do surgery, one got delayed for a week.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you’re there longer, let us know and we’ll send extra supplies.

Grot, wagon wheels etc.

tomhoward

Live footage (heh…) from my bedside when the nurses ask if I need anything….

Stoner
    Free Member

You’re going nowhere my love

Esme
    Free Member

Ahem . . .
    “I think the reason it hasn’t healed quite as desired is that I haven’t been off my feet much the last couple of weeks, hence the enforced break”

emsz
    Free Member

OMG, i just clicked on your pic.. 😥

[puts down porridge]

tomhoward

ahem

I can sit on my arse and watch TV/play PlayStation/finish my Lego millennium falcon at home (I’m signed off work now so no issues there) reason I wasn’t off my feet previously was I wasn’t told to be, my toe was fully dressed and padded so assumed it would be fine.

Update on why I’m in York, apparently if you turn up to a clinician anywhere in North Yorkshire with a vascular issue (which this is, apparently not podiatry, who I was seeing before, in Harrogate) then you get sent to York, end of chat.

Glimmer of hope for release on Friday, going to speak with a micro biologist to see if I can trial oral antibiotics until Friday, and if they are happy with that, I’ll go home

wwaswas

wrong thread

tomhoward

‘I want to break free’ by Queen has just played on hospital radio.

I’ll just leave that there.

perchypanther
    Free Member

As long as they don’t play “Hammer Toe Fall”

tomhoward

Day 10 of my incarceration stay, still in bed, still on IV antibiotics with no definite release date. Asked a doctor for more details on the projected time scales a couple of days ago, and she was, seemingly deliberately, vague having said that it was a six week course of antibiotics, though that wasn’t necessarily all to be IV. When pressed as to when the IV would be stopped, lots of phases like ‘let’s keep on them for now’, ‘we’ll see’ and ‘maybe’.

*starts looking for places to hang Xmas decorations*

[sliver lining] got a previously made appointment in a different dept this morning, so a change of scenery for a couple of hours at least. Yay.
    [\silver lining]

Jamie
    Free Member

It’ll be like that film where that guy ended up living in an airport for 5 years.

Think it was based on a true story.

Edit: Facts: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_lived_at_airports

tomhoward

Was he told he’d only be there for a couple of days initially too?

Jamie
    Free Member

Some assumed so it seems. One guy was there for 17yrs.

Not sure how his toes were.

Is this helping?

tomhoward

Toetes

tomhoward

Well, today has taken an interesting turn. My appointment was with the eye dept, who I’ve been seeing for a while for a corneal issue that won’t finally heal.

As I’m in hospital for the foreseeable, the ophthalmologist thinks it would be of benefit to sew the eye shut, temporarily. He’s chatting to the plastic surgeon as I type.

Pretty sure that gives us a whole new avenue of punning to wander down. Gentlemen, ladies, you know what to do. I’ll keep (half) a look out for good ones.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My appointment was with the eye dept, who I’ve been seeing for a while

….but not very well?

wwaswas

sew the eye shut. He’s chatting to the plastic surgeon as I type.

NO PHOTOS. PLEASE.

perchypanther
    Free Member

When you wrote your letter to Santa and asked for a new iPad this wasn’t what you meant?

allfankledup

Are they building a pirate ?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll keep (half) a look out for good ones.

Eye see what you did there.

tomhoward

😆 hang on, I’ll be having an eye patch and possibly part of a lower limb amputated.

Shiver me timbers…

arrrgh, i was beaten to it!

Jamie
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

I thought you’d be taller.

wwaswas

Your new keyboard’s ready Tom;

tomhoward

Goody gum drops.

Nurse on shift tonight is Louise….

frankconway

Tom, so much to be concerned about……Louise is (potentially) bad news – but could be good; with your dodgy eye will you be able to take food photos – or see Louise; is joe Cocker on shift tonight?
    Any update on soup?

tomhoward

To be honest I’ve binned the soups off, they weren’t that tasty and had the nutritional profile of a glass of water.

The puddings are actually pretty nice though, in a school dinners stodgy kind of way. Current tactic for food ordering is going for stuff requires as little preparation to get a tasty meal. Salads are palatable (as salads go…) avoiding chicken curry…

I think Joe Cocker is on holiday, not seen him round much.

frankconway

Joe could be dressing up – possibly swapping with Louise……
    Stay alert…….

tomhoward

Docs been round, and I’ve got to be off for another week.

*off work, at home!

*today or tomorrow, depending when the eye dept want to do their sewing.

wwaswas

tomhoward

Eye op isn’t til 21/12, so I’m off home today, just after The student doctors have had a word.

Thank you for your support and puns, it’s kept me vaguely sane.

allfankledup

Congrats – did you go over or under the wire ?

I’d avoid going in on the 21st – they’ll keep you in for xmas…

tomhoward

Bet you all thought this was done and dusted didn’t you….

Well, the toe is pretty well healed. That’s the good news

The somewhat suboptimal news is that the intense course of antibiotics has caused drug induced hepatitis.

I’m currently waiting on a bed in jimmys in Leeds. Fun fact. There aren’t any. They’ve not said what the treatment is, but I definitely need to stay in overnight, so they can check my blood in the morning…

Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Looks like I’m gonna be spending a bit of time on here over the next week…’ is closed to new replies.