Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 194 total)
  • Looks like I’m gonna be spending a bit of time on here over the next week…
  • tomhoward

Small toenail intact, just my toe curls round so you can’t see it…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lack toes intolerant? Genius! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t have nightmares, kids.

frankconway

A daily EDL.

tomhoward

Good to see you’ve kept your toe in photoshop Jamie…

Jamie
    Free Member

To be toetally honest, it’s not my best work.

tomhoward

You’re on a good footing though

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nailed it!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Know what….its possibly a sad sign that I would quite fancy a few days with my feet up at the moment…

tomhoward

Well, hilarious development, the first….

York Hospital doesn’t have patient WiFi 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

York Hospital doesn’t have patient WiFi

Does it have impatient WiFi?

“Hurry up and sign in, I haven’t got all bloody day”

tomhoward

Luckily 4G is letting me take my time, I won’t be rushed into this modern world connectivity lark. (Much like the hospital, it seems)

jekkyl

christ, there goes youtube and netflix out of the window for entertainment then. No wifi! is this the dark ages?

franksinatra

That looks like one of those horrible minging flesh eating bugs that quickly munches on your whole body before you die an incredibly quick, yet too slow, painful death until you die to death.

Chin up old boy, it will be fine.

martinhutch

Haven’t seen Dune in ages.

tomhoward

That looks like one of those horrible minging flesh eating bugs that quickly munches on your whole body before you die an incredibly quick, yet too slow, painful death until you die to death

Sooo, better than no wifi then?

tomhoward

Tea time! Looking forward to a nice hearty meal to aid my recovery!

Nope.

Tomato soup and a packet ham sandwich. Lovely.

Tuesday tea...

blader1611
    Free Member

What is that lumpy stuff floating in your soup? I would use your data plan to go on Hungry House.

jekkyl

can you get pizza delivery to a hospital ward?

tomhoward

I haven’t asked, but as I’m bed bound, it’d have to be to the bedside, and I’m not sure that would go down too well. MrsTHtobe has offered her services as a fast food smuggler though, so all is not lost 😀

In other news, The Big Short is a good, funny, sobering film…

And they’re chopped onions and tomatoes, rustic food innit…

tomhoward

Sitrep.

I’ve been umming and ahhing over wether or not to get some new wireless headphones, to combat apples insistence on binning the headphone jack. The current symphony of snoring, farting and general loud and heavy exhalation/inhalation of breath surrounding me has forced my hand, also adding ‘noise cancelling’ to the list of features.

They cannot come quickly enough…

It’s not all bad news though, the fluorescent lights are still on and working, despite it being 1145 at night, the nurses haven’t lost their shouty voices and the trains outside are running on time, I think.

Night all, see you for the breakfast update…

(AKG N60 NC, as you are asking)

frankconway

Did your ham sandwich contain real proper ham or was it ‘reconstituted’ from mechanically recovered sludge – dried, pressed and cut into ham shaped pieces.
    Is there a wheelchair on the ward? If there is, hop across and then you have…..mobility!

RustySpanner

Night all, see you for the breakfast update…

“Just some toast cut into soldiers, please……”

Sandwich

York Hospital doesn’t have patient WiFi

Well if you will get sick in the third world. (STW is banned in Ipswich Hospital, restricted at the router banned which is also inhuman).

tomhoward

Seems the soldiers are the DIY variety…

Wednesday breakfast

Oh, the ham was thick carved iberico negro. In its dreams. Before it was mechanically recovered and shaped in to what you saw above

nickc

nice socks…keep those on.

tomhoward

Think they will be vetoed shortly, they’ve gone off to get the gear to measure me up for some fetching white stockings. Ace

wwaswas

STW is banned in Ipswich Hospital, restricted at the router banned which is also inhuman

VPN?

@tomhoward – My dad had much the same thing, exacerbated by poor circulation, diabetes, being 75 and not seeing it (it was underneath his big toe and he’d been ‘uncomfortable for a couple of weeks but not wanted to look’). The were talking about cutting his leg off below the knee at one point when it proved particularly resistant to antibiotics and appeared to be turning into gangrene. Anyway, best of luck and keep smiling 🙂

tomhoward

Yeah, seen that happen to folks before, thankfully my pulse is still strong in my foot (despite being a 25 year veteran of T1 diabetes) and I think the reason it hasn’t healed quite as desired is that I haven’t been off my feet much the last couple of weeks, hence the enforced break.

Of a little concern at the moment is that I’ve been in here 21 hours now and no one here has actually looked at my foot, I assume due to admiration of my socks.

wwaswas

Ah, well now – I thought you were on the mend and here I am making light of it. Apologies.

tomhoward

Ah, well now – I thought you were on the mend and here I am making light of it. Apologies

No need to apologise, light is what I’m after!

wwaswas

Well my Dad still has more than the average number of legs so it’s not all doom gloom 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve looked at that picture and now I have a tune constantly playing in my head.

“Here we go-oh! Sockin’ all over the ward…..”

nickc

I’ve been in here 21 hours now and no one here has actually looked at my foot

well, they’ve got you now, haven’t they, it’s not like you’re going anywhere…although I’d be making a bit more of a fuss about it.

tomhoward

Funnily enough, as soon as I posted that, the doc came round and had a look.

Makes you think

jekkyl

did he Dad joke? ‘ohh that’ll have to come off, nurse get my saw and some pliers’ hahahahahahah 😐

tomhoward

Lol, no, not sure this doc has a sense of humour tbh… I’m more hopeful of a laugh from one of the vascular surgeons I saw yesterday, seemed quite the character, wearing braces and a cravat…

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m more hopeful of a laugh from one of the vascular surgeons I saw yesterday, seemed quite the character, wearing braces and a cravat…

He treated you in a more jocular vein?

tomhoward

Lunchtime!

Wednesday lunch

Beef casserole with mash and brocolli and a nice pear for afters

I do like a nice, juicy pear.

I do not like broccoli so over boiled that it barely retains its structure on the plate, nor do I care for mashed potato that is literally just that, sans butter/cream/seasoning…

You may also shocked to see that nurses aren’t quite as proficient at dressing toes as podiatrists….

perchypanther
    Free Member

I do like a nice, juicy pear.

Ooooh! Matron!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Looks like I’m gonna be spending a bit of time on here over the next week…’ is closed to new replies.