Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking forward to work now.
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone else?

I know a lot of us have been working over Xmas, I usually am myself but for a couple of reasons I haven’t done a stroke since the 21st and it was hardly ‘nose to the grindstone’ for most of December. Frankly I’m bored, it’s a Xmas I realise the Southern Hemisphere got it right when they moved Xmas to the middle of summer.

I was at Cwmcarn yesterday full of a cold and with an eye infection thanks to the quarter tonne of crap I got in my eye a few days earlier the last time I was out, managed a loop and a half before the cold and well cold got to me and I had to head back – If we had Xmas in June I could have ridden most days without 8 layers and a very upset washing machine afterwards.

I think I’ll buy a lotto ticket tomorrow and when I win I’ll spend 6 months here and 6 months somewhere south, very south. New Zealand seems nice.

fossy

Not back till middle of next week. Had time to sort out my man cave properly with the Xmas present my wife got me (3 large heavy duty shelving systems) – so everything is looking much more organised (still too many old kids toys in there, but at least they are boxed).

I wish it was actually colder and dryer – this wet turns my local routes into a quagmire. Was out Thursday with a few others locally, and it was icy, but made the mud a little less sloppy.

As for kit – go get a winter ‘softshell’ – e.g. the winter tops Aldi sell are good – I’m usually out in a base layer and a softshell in Winter.

bigblackshed

If you are bored at home and not at work then you’re doing it wrong.

Lifer
    Free Member

As someone who’s been working I second that motion!

Gunz
    Free Member

As someone who has just started a 12 hour night shift, working away from home, and won’t be home again until 8 Jan – have a word with yourself.

funkmasterp

If you are bored at home and not at work then you’re doing it wrong.

Bingo!

phil5556

I’m lucky that I enjoy my job most of the time and still find it interesting and exciting BUT I can think of very few instances that I would rather be there than not!

I was lucky that I got Christmas Day off this year because I’d worked the last 4 years (back in 7am on boxing Day though).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

2016 Christmas led to my divorce. Just sayin’

dannybgoode

I’m not looking forward to going back to my existing job (although I was in couple of days last week) but I am very much looking forward to starting my new job on 8 Jan…

shakers97
    Free Member

There comes a point if I’m off for more than a week that I want to get back to it. I like the routine and I love my job – soz

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking forward to work now.’ is closed to new replies.