Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Looking for racer to coach for next season….(Free coaching content) :)
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

As part of my British Cycling Level 3 qualification I’m looking for a rider to coach for a minimum of 8 weeks.

This is performance/fitness coaching, so would suit someone who’s racing this season, and wants to use either HR or Power to train with. I’d be providing a day-by-day plan for a min of 2 months, but would most probably extend that as a gesture of thanks.

I’ve coached a number of riders before – I’m just getting the qualification to back it up! Previously worked with a National level Junior XC racer, and plenty of CXers. I race myself, so have some insight etc.

Enquiries to rtedgeAThotmailDOTcom

Rich

duncancallum

Where abouts…

scaled
    Free Member

Head over to the Zwift thread 😀

We’re all racers on there 😉

Tracey

Hi Rich, I’ve passed your details onto my daughter if that’s ok. I’m sure she would be very interested.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’m near Loughborough, so Midlands based. Happy to coach remotely though, no problem there.

Tracey – tell her to email me and we can go from there. 🙂

Rich

Tracey

Will do she is based in Sheffield at Uni

weeksy

I emailed, but i think Traceys daughter is far more likely to be worthy of coaching than a fat 47 year old 🙂

DrP

ooh…looks interesting… might be able to help me focus…
    goals include top 5 at Big Dog, and to be fitter for the Enduro season…

What sort of rides/week commitment would you be looking for??

DrP

vdubber67
    Free Member

DrP – the coaching works around the rider’s commitments and constraints really. Having said that, if you’re planning on conquering the world on one turbo session a week it might not work 🙂

Most people I coach work on six days of training with a rest day on top. Some of the active days likely to be recovery / easier sessions though….

DickBarton

Sounds good…good luck getting the qualification and hopefully helping someone do better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most people I coach work on six days of training

vdubber67
    Free Member

That made me smile Mike, thanks 🙂

You can do six sessions and stay under 10 hours riding a week though for example. Look how much riding you’d do if you commute a reasonable distance for example.

There’s a sweet spot balance of effort / results though for sure 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Looking for racer to coach for next season….(Free coaching content) :)’ is closed to new replies.