Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Looking for 26 wheel hardtail frame suggestions for kids
  • poah
    Free Member

@ruffride my streetfighter arrived.

ruffride
    Free Member

@poah wow that looks better than it looks online might have to treat them send some.pics when fully done standing up to see the head angle an that

poah
    Free Member

@ruffrider its pretty steep TBH and it has an internal headset so you can’t slacken it. geo says it can take a 130mm fork though. Its a really nice red.

poah
    Free Member

@ruffride excuse the crappy pic

ruffride
    Free Member

Looks good slacker than I expected

Rich_s

Little tip for people wanting 26″ wheels is to search for the hub you want. I had a search on eBay for DT Swiss 240, and ended up with some DT XR1450 wheels (240 hubs, 28 aero bladed, 1450g the pair). 90 quid I think they were. Getting an adapter for 15mm front axle was 30 quid on its own! They are definitely “race” wheels and are narrow as, but 2.1″ tyres will happily go on and I have a sizable amount of NOS 26″ rubber now… 😉

Loads of Hope pro2 hubs around too. Built into a wheel they are loads cheaper than just the hubs!

poah
    Free Member

I’ll put the iPhone on it later and measure the angle.

ratherbeintobago

Little tip for people wanting 26″ wheels is to search for the hub you want.

Thanks! #1 spawns’ Trek has hideous single wall rims on it; I’d wondered about getting some better ones so shall have a look.

poah
    Free Member

it is 68.6 with 100mm 27.5 forks. if you ran it with 120mm 26 you’d get it a bit slacker.

ruffride
    Free Member

That’s nice then I think I’m getting the a couple of on one inbreds for now then upgrade a few bits

poah
    Free Member

took it to the pump track for the first time. needs higher bars but its bloody quick (relative to my previous speed)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7gvcxZHLE8/

ruffride
    Free Member

Nice mate looks good

matt_outandabout

Is that you or the kid on there poah?

These jump bikes look long to me…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Looking for 26 wheel hardtail frame suggestions for kids’ is closed to new replies.