Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Look what I got to have a ride on last night… (one for the roadies)
  • neilforrow

and (please excuse the setup)

The Absolu genuinely put a smile on my face. Nice bike.

atlaz
    Free Member

If I could afford one, I’d have one. But the top one with the wheels from the bottom.

neilforrow

The zipps were an odd ride… bit windy last night… I havent ridden a set before. Not sure what I make of them tbf. Very fast tho.

The king/ reynolds wheel set is the one I would go for too.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Love the look of the zipps. I’m getting some 50m deep section wheels soon, cannot wait, so so so fast! 8)

wwaswas

*can’t take eyes off the combination of drive surfaces*

neilforrow

can’t take eyes off the combination of drive surfaces

not my house… I cant take the credit for that eclectic mix of surfacing materials.

njee20
    Free Member

If I could afford one, I’d have one. But the top one with the wheels and groupset from the bottom.

That’s me.

tonyg2003

Not a bike that you see very often, I do like the look of the top one. Like the other’s I’d prefer the ride of the reynolds shallow carbon rims on the bottom bike with the top frame.

RealMan
    Free Member

A mate had a cyfac, looked very nice, till he broke it into many many pieces.

njee20
    Free Member

Actually yeah I want a pair like the front wheel, none of this mis-matched bollocks.

In fact that bottom bike manages to make an expensive bike utterly gopping!

Love the look of the zipps. I’m getting some 50m deep section wheels soon, cannot wait, so so so fast!

Tubs or clinchers? I really didn’t get on with the 1600g clincher ones I had, good on the flat/downhill, but felt horrible on climbs.

neilforrow

none of this mis-matched bollocks.

(please excuse the setup)

😳

snapped a spoke in the rear few nights back. When it has the stem slammed and a matching rear wheel it looks a lot better!!!

flange
    Free Member

My LBS does the fitting service for Cyfac – they really are lovely lovely frames. Top end Absolu is now £6k for the frameset though!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Were you visiting a crack house?

portlyone

50m

Like me, that’s very deep

Gary_M
    Free Member

Top one looks great if a bit black bike dull. Bottom one needs a good clean and manages to look like something from halfords.

neilforrow

Bottom one needs a good clean

yep, but at least it sees a lot of miles, not a full sunday show pony. If it were my bike, it would be booofed every day.

However, the finish is first class. The photo of the bottom one really dosnt do it justice. A very confortable bike to ride.

Gary_M
    Free Member

yep, but at least it sees a lot of miles.

mmm so do my road bikes but they don’t look as manky as that 😉

Seat pack, light on seat post, manky white tape, tyre/wheel logos not lined up, stem spacers, water bottle doesn’t match, someone knows how to make a good bike look shit 🙂

neilforrow

ep, but at least it sees a lot of miles.

mmm so do my road bikes but they don’t look as manky as that

Seat pack, light on seat post, manky white tape, tyre/wheel logos not lined up, stem spacers, water bottle doesn’t match, someone knows how to make a good bike look shit

stock answer…

(please excuse the setup)

tbf it is set up for a guy who is ordering a full custom… custom out the spacers and odd saddle position etc…

m1kea
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

yep, but at least it sees a lot of miles.

mmm so do my road bikes but they don’t look as manky as that

Seat pack, light fitted upside down on seat post, manky white tape, tyre/wheel logos not lined up, stem spacers, water bottle doesn’t match, someone knows how to make a good bike look shit

FTFY

And +1

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Look what I got to have a ride on last night… (one for the roadies)’ is closed to new replies.