• This topic has 59 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by asc73.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Longest bike warranty?
  • kevin1911

Did you get it as frame-only, or is it the standard build?

julians
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve been looking at the Rallon. Seem quite rare in the UK. Got a mail from cyclesurgery this morning saying they have 30Pc off orbea at the moment, but only the x30 is listed on the website. Going to do them a mail to ask if they can get the x10 or the xteam.

That x30 is cheap with 30% off.looks like they are just clearing old stock as they only appear to have a medium available.

I bought a frame only rallon back in december, went for the bos kirk shock version with the 142 x 12 rear end, its a great bike, very forgiving and confidence inspiring.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Standard build for me. I will change the wheels and brakes for Mavic/XT but that is all.

polodingalong
    Free Member

You can get the Merida 160 in the UK, they’re on the 3rd model year now.

I’ve had one of the first 26″ versions for two years now and have been rather happy with it, would quite happily replace it with the new 650b if I could find an excuse to and like said earlier, lifetime warranty that’ll cover racing.

Fair few dealers in Scotland as well, know they have a demo 140 and 120, not sure about 160.

Neb

I think 4play cycles in cockermouth stock meridian so shops do sell meridian in the uk.

I recently bought a Rose bike, one of the factors was a 10yr warranty, with anything outside of warranty in first 5 years, covered under a 50% off crash replacement scheme. This seemed way better than other brands.

duir
    Free Member

Pretty much any half decent bike will have been hand welded.

Agreed, except carbon.

jameso

some manufacturers have more data in their products than others

Saying ti frames has an average lifespan of 25 years is funny when the brand is only 9 years old : ) It was another name before it was Van Nic (or something like that) but even so, they weren’t around 25 years ago. It’s good marketing, simply extending goodwill. Some brands will give a 2-3 year warranty but still look after you on a case-by-case basis, some have lifetime but will wriggle out on any minor detail. It’s more about how direct the contact can be between you and the guys who can make the calls on any issues.

DickBarton

Airborne…before Van Nicholas

DickBarton

I wouldn’t get so worried about warranty periods…check your bike purchase history and then get a warranty that covers that…2 years is probably fine…unless you plan on keeping it longer. Every company will have failures, the bigger/popular the brand, the more failures you will hear about.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Unless it is Litespeed or Tomac (actually most of the abg).Not that big,not that popular….LOTS of failures 🙂

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Turner Burner rider here after several 5 spots, Turner have been very good to deal with.

From their site…..

Turner Warranty Info
    Information regarding Turner Bikes warranty policy.
    2-year frame warranty ::.

Turner will repair or replace any Turner frame, Only if we determine it to be defective due to materials and /or workmanship. This 2 year warranty applies to the frameset Only (not including suspension components), ridden under normal conditions, properly maintained and is transferable to subsequent owners with original sales receipt.

Turner Bikes will make replacement parts available at a minimum charge in the event of a crash or other non- warranty situation. This replacement policy is good for all frames including those who have purchased their frames new or used.

If your Turner frame is out of warranty then you still have another option with trading in your old frame for a credit towards a new one. Check here for more info on the Turner-4-Turner Program

trail_rat
    Free Member

Side track but ncb i had your old orange/polished 5spot out here for a new drive train and fork service the other day.

My mates loving that bike, spoilt git as its his first full suss , you sold that to him for a song for the specification.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Glad to hear he likes the bike, think he got a fair deal but i was happy to sell it complete.
    I had another spot after that one then the Burner. Love how they ride 😀
    You guys up in Aberdeenshire?

Painey
    Free Member

Don’t think I saw anybody mention Cannondale’s lifetime warranty. A friend of mine had a cracked frame which they sorted out without any problems at all.

Saccades
    Free Member

Hold – Trek is lifetime?

What happens if I break my Y3? Do they have any frames left?

Would I be able to fit the RS Indy’s to it?

I wonder if they have any decals left, mine needs a tart up.

bencooper
    Free Member

I warranty all the frames I build for life.

In other words, if you break one of my beautiful creations, I’ll kill you. 😀

tillyfishes
    Free Member

Bird Cycleworks. Lifetime on frames. Two years on components! Amazing choice of parts and really nice people!

kevin1911

There’s something about having the word ‘Bird’ written on my bike that I’d find a bit…uncomfortable. In central Scottish dialect, the word ‘bird’ is a condescending term for someone who shows too many feminine qualities.

duir
    Free Member

It would be interesting to see what would happen with the new wheel standard. ie 26″ frame bought 3 years ago snaps, warranty accepted but do you get a 27.clown wheel back? That could be a sore point as it will leave you needing new forks and wheels and that would be a seriously expensive warranty claim.

asc73
    Free Member

some company’s go above and beyond ,merida gave one of my mates a complete bike and the old one was out of warranty ,cannondale have been great as well,do think it helps if your retailer gets on well with them and trust’s the lbs’s opinion.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Longest bike warranty?’ is closed to new replies.