Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • long weekend in Morzine area – worth it? – where to stay (camping) etc…
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

thinking of heading down to Morzine area (well anywhere in that sort of area).

the plan is to finish work (in the new forest) at 6pm on a thursday and then drive the VW T5 camper to the channel tunnel and then on to Geneva. by my calculations, we should be there for around 8-9am on the friday (sharing driving, so the other can sleep).

we would then stay until end of play on the sunday and head back either sunday night, or first thing monday morning.

is that a really really silly idea?… is it worth it for 3 days riding?… any suggestions on good campsites that allow campervans?… etc etc…

cheers

dantsw13

That’s exactly what we do, except we stay in a chalet. We are going the weekend before Ppds in June, and most chalets will do short breaks outside of High Season.

Be aware the Pleney lift is not working this summer, which is why we have gone to Les Gets this year instead of Morzine.

jonk

Do you mean your going this thursday?

imnotamused
    Free Member

Absolutely 100% worth it when we did it but that le pleney lift being closed this season would stop me from going.

imnotamused
    Free Member

I think there’s a car park in morzine at the bottom where all the campers park.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Or that car park could be in les gets I can’t remember.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I went for the weekend once drove through the night arrived at 6 am and got the first lift.

Do it we had a blast.

Duane…
    Free Member

I was prepared to drive from Derby to Golspie, leaving Friday lunchtime arriving Friday night, and returning Sunday afternoon, arriving Sunday night, so 1.5 days riding. 18 hours drive – 1000miles.

Only reason I didn’t was as it was a uni club ride and there weren’t enough other riders.

On that proviso, I’d say it’d be worth similar distance for Alps riding!

(However, a lot of my petrol cost would have been reimbursed, and obviously no ferry cost)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘long weekend in Morzine area – worth it? – where to stay (camping) etc…’ is closed to new replies.