Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)
  • have we done this? Muslim vigilante gang!!!!
  • RustySpanner

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Well, I very much doubt that they are chugging Bacardi Breezers in the name of the Baby Jesus, so I suspect that argument may be rather pointless.

But there’s lots of ignorant white men who’d really, really like to kick the shit out someone ‘To keep our country British’ or to ‘Uphold our values’.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Easy to turn a blind eye to issues when one has no experience of certain aspects of society. This is true of many people and a few on this forum and indeed on this thread but especially on this subject. Just look at some of the first world problem threads as evidence that some know very little about anything outside their life bubble so form their opinions based upon their utopian bullshit. Catch my drift?

Cougar

No, you’re talking bobbins without actually making any sort of point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yunki
    Free Member

I **** hate racism.. it’s the laziest, stupidest way to take out your insecurities and frustrations (after beating your wife and kids)

If you’re under achieving then better yourself.. don’t turn your self loathing outwards at the most convenient and socially acceptable target..
    Thing is with young men of any colour or creed, your role models are often the lads who’re a couple of years older than you, and they’ve invariably got a fair bit of growing up to do..

PJM1974
    Free Member

I know a few Muslims who abhor xenophobia and a lack of tolerance. Funnily enough, a few of these guys were out in the community (note I said “the” not “their”) the other August to help deter rioters.

Bloody Muslims, with their tolerant attitudes, coming over here and protecting our communities…

PJM1974
    Free Member

On and top find with the English Disco Lovers page!

bwaarp
    Free Member

self repeating rifle

Self loading rifle….amateur.

Anyhow, Islam on the whole is the enemy of western liberalism. We can say that it’s offensive to tarnish all Muslims with the same brush when it comes to things like attitudes towards women etc. But when you look at the middle east, they are pretty much still living in the 16th century. Personally I find how they treat women really **** offensive and at the back of my mind when I’m talking to a beardy type, I know how he’d treat women who are my friends if he ever got the chance.

There are lots of atheists on here who make a point about attacking religion and Christianity who are doing their best to be PC about this whole issue – however at the end of the day, ideologically these people are not our friends.

What’s more the presence of more religious nut jobs in the country is giving ammo to the far right – so on one hand we are having to put up with an increase of belief in a hugely repressive religion and on the other hand we’re having to deal with more right wing zealots.

It’s not going to be fun for those of us who have more left wing ideals… getting caught in the political crossfire and resultant instability if this issue ever reaches boiling point.

mogrim

Do you think the brits in spain have integrated well into spanish culture or are they still moaning they cannot cook chips and wondering where to get the sun, baked beans and marmite?

You can cook chips in Spain, the sun’s free, and the local supermarket stocks baked beans and marmite.

No vegemite, thank god. This is a decent catholic christian country, after all.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSi4HE0OBcA[/video]

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

OP, hwta law were these vigilantes enforcing?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Anyhow, Islam on the whole is the enemy of western liberalism. We can say that it’s offensive to tarnish all Muslims with the same brush when it comes to things like attitudes towards women etc. But when you look at the middle east, they are pretty much still living in the 16th century.

You’re describing Wahhabi Saudi Arabia, which is very archaic in it’s views yet is a bastion of Western imperialism in the Middle East. We go nuts over their oil over here and go out of our way to supply them with similar state of the art weaponry as we do Israel.

But that’s not all Muslims…in the same way as not all Christians believe the actions of the Crusaders were righteous. As I’ve alluded to before, not all Muslims are the same. Seriously, try to get to know a few before you make sweeping statements.

project
    Free Member

OP, hwta law were these vigilantes enforcing?

No law, but theyre enforcing their own views that have been manipulated to fit the situation around them, they obvioulsy feel strongly about certain groups in society, as most of do at some time in life about certain types of people.

I beleieve you can dislike cetain people as persons,and those you avoid interaction with, but you shouldnt also let it take over your life as a hatred, and offer physical violence or the threat against them .

Live and let live ,we can all learn from each other, we all have many interchangeable skills and needs.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ok, so not really vigilantes then.

Yes we can all learn from each other and this is to be celebrated. Why don’t you start by sharing with us what you have learned form the many muslims living near you?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Okay…here’s what I’ve learned.

They’re a lot like us. They like similar things to you and I, they don’t like the same sort of things that you and I don’t like. Most often, they laugh at the same things we do too…

Is that enough for you?

yunki
    Free Member

It’s not going to be fun for those of us who have more left wing ideals… getting caught in the political crossfire and resultant instability if this issue ever reaches boiling point.

what’s that..?
    1000 misanthropic neanderthals from each side throwing bottles at each other across a busy high street again, whilst their friends and family cringe with embarrassment..?

I’ll do my shopping online that day

bwaarp
    Free Member

You’re describing Wahhabi Saudi Arabia, which is very archaic in it’s views yet is a bastion of Western imperialism in the Middle East. We go nuts over their oil over here and go out of our way to supply them with similar state of the art weaponry as we do Israel.

But that’s not all Muslims…in the same way as not all Christians believe the actions of the Crusaders were righteous. As I’ve alluded to before, not all Muslims are the same. Seriously, try to get to know a few before you make sweeping statements.

– Pakistan: Misogynistic

– Iran: Misogynistic

– Iraq: Misogynistic

– Lebanon: Misogynistic

– Egypt: Misogynistic

– Chechnya; Misogynistic

– Jordan: Misogynistic

– Kuwait: Misogynistic

– Oman: Misogynistic

– Saudi Arabia: Misogynistic

– Malaysia: Misogynistic

etc ad nauseum

TBH though I pretty much loathe any country that isn’t a liberal democracy.

RustySpanner

patriotpro – Member

Easy to turn a blind eye to issues when one has no experience of certain aspects of society. This is true of many people and a few on this forum and indeed on this thread but especially on this subject. Just look at some of the first world problem threads as evidence that some know very little about anything outside their life bubble so form their opinions based upon their utopian bullshit. Catch my drift?

Jesus man, have the courage of your convictions.
    If you believe something say it.

From the ‘Which shop would you choose?’ thread I’ve a pretty good idea of your ideology.

yunki
    Free Member

bwaarp – but all those places have family structures that are matriarchal don’t they… really?

If we’re really honest about it

PJM1974
    Free Member

@ bwaarp

You’re describing popular stereotypes. Not everyone in those nations are Muslim – ever heard of the Coptic Church for example? Do misogynistic people really have to all be Muslims? There are a few misogynists in the good old Anglican Church too you know.

People in Indonesia might justifiably call us Britons “Warmongers” for example…

bwaarp
    Free Member

bwaarp – but all those places have family structures that are matriarchal don’t they… really?

If we’re really honest about it

Matriarchal in the way that pre-female emancipation was matriarchal.

If you think women have any real power in those countries you are having a laugh.

You’re describing popular stereotypes. Not everyone in those nations are Muslim – ever heard of the Coptic Church for example? Do misogynistic people really have to all be Muslims? There are a few misogynists in the good old Anglican Church too you know.

I’m talking about at an institutional level, which culture and religion influences. I’m not talking about individuals.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ireland: Doesn’t like abortion therefore Misogynistic
    Italy: See above
    Russia: A half century of communism didn’t shatter those glass ceilings, therefore misogynists all.
    The Vatican: Don’t get me started.
    Switzerland: Women couldn’t vote until 1972…

bwaarp
    Free Member

Ireland: Doesn’t like abortion therefore Misogynistic
    Italy: See above
    Russia: A half century of communism didn’t shatter those glass ceilings, therefore misogynists all.
    The Vatican: Don’t get me started.
    Switzerland: Women couldn’t vote until 1972…

On a far lower scale but yes they are

and that’s why I don’t really care for any of those countries you listed as well.

Italy is a failed corrupt state, Russia is run by gangsters, the Vatican **** kids and Switzerland…well..they’re more or less reformed now.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m talking about at an institutional level, which culture and religion influences. I’m not talking about individuals.

No you aren’t, you named specific countries where Islam may or may not predominate without any caveats. You great big hairy racist.

yunki
    Free Member

Bwaarp..

If you think women have any real power in those countries you are having a laugh.

that may be so and I don’t think that was my point really..
    but no women had real power in this country only a few decades ago either.. our society was as misogynistic as any other, if not more so, perhaps a little more politely perhaps.. perhaps not

you are scaremongering using badly thought out stereotypes that suit your prejudices.. drunk on propaganda and too much TV news I reckon

bwaarp
    Free Member

No you aren’t, you named specific countries where Islam may or may not predominate without any caveats. You great big hairy racist.

No, you are to blind to see that religion is a threat liberalism.

There’s no old school liberals left who are actually willing to defend our political values. This depresses me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Islam on the whole is the enemy of western liberalism

well we always have to have some enemy that will bring us to our knees and now we have defeated communism. 1984 is a good read FWIW

have the courage of your convictions.

THIS
    Re misogynism lets not forget women were killing themselves for the vote only 100 years ago here.
    Equal pay act only here 50 years [ and still a disparity]
    Homosexuality was a crime 45 years ago

We may be ahead but not by that much. we win the argument on personal freedom by being tolerant and beating the arguments not by literally beating the arguers.
    and everything yunki says

bwaarp
    Free Member

THIS
    Re misogynism lets not forget women were killing themselves for the vote only 100 years ago here.
    Equal pay act only here 50 years [ and still a disparity]
    Homosexuality was a crime 45 years ago

We may be ahead but not by that much. we win the argument on personal freedom by being tolerant and beating the arguments not by literally beating the arguers.
    and everything yunki says

Yes, but all of this was set in motion by the enlightenment thinkers many many many years ago. You need an ingrained culture to enact slow change, this stuff doesn’t happen over night.

project
    Free Member

Yes we can all learn from each other and this is to be celebrated. Why don’t you start by sharing with us what you have learned form the many muslims living near you?

I have no Muslims living near me, but i do work in their homes and buisnesses in another town i work in,

Theyre freindly and welcoming,

Offer free food and a drink,to workmen,

Like to barter down prices,

Their children are very polite and freindly,even the teenagers,

some dont understrand humour,

the females are very sexy looking,

the man is in charge of finances, the lady is in charge of the cooking,the lady isnt allowed to flirt with a man, if her husband is nearby,

they all have huge tv,s and flashy cars along with high walls and railings,

they dont seem to have a chip on their shoulder about other people getting more than them.

PJM1974
    Free Member

No, you are to blind to see that religion is a threat liberalism.

You may have a point there…I certainly don’t subscribe to any religion. But I’ve met some great people who happen to have faith and to simply rant at them that they’re completely wrong would smack of bad manners. I’ve also met some atheists who are idiots too.

A great deal of the issues you’ve pointed out are cultural, not religious…and unless you’ve ignored the news of the last thirty years, you’d understand why some in the Middle East might resent us a teeny bit, especially when you look at the unemployment stats in Saudi for example.

bwaarp
    Free Member

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/najib-lgbts-liberalism-pluralism-are-enemies-of-islam

I’ve met some great people who happen to have faith and to simply rant at them that they’re completely wrong would smack of bad manners.

I don’t care for good manners.

I do agree with your latter point to an extent though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s no old school liberals left who are actually willing to defend our political values. This depresses me.

Eh? Please enlighten me. My political views are very strong, my values don’t necessarily depend on a WASP to validate them.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Would you like me to swap newspaper headlines with you? I know a few links to the Daily Mail.

They may not represent the actual views of the majority of Britons though.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Would you like me to swap newspaper headlines with you? I know a few links to the Daily Mail.

They may not represent the actual views of the majority of Britons though.

The Daily Mail line is akin to Godwins law.

I don’t think we should be pretending to like cultures or political elements that are in direct confrontation with our own – we should not be tricking ourselves that these elements are benign and to be safely ignored. That is all. I don’t care about the color of someones skin etc these obfuscate the real issues, all I care about is liberalism and where it’s headed over the next century.

What I see are political and social enemies to liberalism be they abroad or within our own country. Ranging from anti-terrorism legislation, the rise of the right and it’s social causes etc to religious and cultural opposition abroad. None, I repeat…NONE of these should be ignored. If we do it’s at the peril of everything the west has achieved (whilst we’ve done a lot of bad stuff, it’s a hell of a lot better than the alternatives).

elzorillo
    Free Member

So by the looks of it.. If I was a sexist, homophobe, all I’d have to do is convert to Islam and I’d have the apparent blessing of Junk, Yunk, pjm etc??

(and yeah,, I started a sentence with ‘so’)

PJM1974
    Free Member

If I was a sexist, homophobe, all I’d have to do is convert to Islam and I’d have the apparent blessing of Junk, Yunk, pjm etc??

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. My point was that not every muslim I’ve met is sexist/racist/homophobic.

What are you trying to achieve by reversing the argument?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t think we should be pretending to like cultures or political elements that are in direct confrontation with out own. That is all.

You know that is EXACTLY what they think as well… you are just like them.
    I dont agree their is direct confrontation tbh.

What are you trying to achieve by reversing the argument?

A reaction I would assume as no one thinks that is what anyone is saying not even the poster

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’m not reversing anything.. I too support liberty and freedom.. I see Islam as I direct threat to that and I see you and your type nieve beyond belief.

bwaarp
    Free Member

You know that is EXACTLY what they think as well… you are just like them.
    I dont agree their is direct confrontation tbh.

Except my ideology doesn’t really make that so does it? This isn’t facism vs communism where the two extremes are not polar opposites but a horseshoe. These are vastly different ideologies…. Maybe the west could somehow talk them out of their grievances with us, somehow I doubt this would be possible though even if we did stop bombing them for half a century.

yunki
    Free Member

I see what you’re saying bwaarp.. and I’m gonna take it on board..

Can you recommend me any good old fashioned literature that I should get hold of on Liberalism..?
    I see liberalism as the sensible choice because I don’t want to ostracise someone that I could potentially learn from, or co-operate with, and I am quite able to celebrate difference (unless you’re a fool elzorillo, fools make me grumpy).. but I’ve never thought about liberalism as a political value that I would have to defend..

But if you’re right and the tide is changing, maybe I should arm myself with some knowledge from which to defend my liberal point of view

(EDIT: I would like to apologise at this point for taking another poster’s views on board, hopefully this won’t cause the STW servers to implode in a fractal destabilisation)

Mantastic
    Free Member

Wow this thread made it to 5 pages, mods must out somewhere

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘have we done this? Muslim vigilante gang!!!!’ is closed to new replies.