Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Long shot, but anyone have technical details of a Da Bomb Harbinger trials bike?
  • DickBarton

I’ve managed to obtain said bike but it is in need of a new bottom bracket – seems to be a 68mm shell, but not sure of axle length yet. Haven’t removed the cranks as the freewheel is on the crank and I’m trying to work out what I need to buy in case it doesn’t go back on easily – the current bb is knackered and needs replaced.

Also missing the perch, so needing to work out what I can use to clamp the seatpost stump in the frame. I have emailed Da Bomb but 2 weeks have gone by and not heard anything back from them, so I’m assuming they have no details of their bikes that old.

Intended to be used by my daughter so looking to get it working…got some Magura Tomac HS-33s to put on it, but needing to get the bottom bracket replaced and ideally some sort of perch rather than just the bare top tube.

I have done a bit of a look around the web, but after a half day of searching, I found plenty of sites selling the frames, but none with any kind of technical specs for it. Before I contact the LBS, I thought I’d ask here in case anyone remembers any details of the bike and I can then order the kit knowing what I’m after…also means the LBS will save themselves time by not having to disassemble the bike to get the details of what they need to order.

sillyoldman

Chainset dictates axle length rather than the frame. Best to just remove cranks and measure the one that’s on there (assuming chainline is good). Cranks need to come off at some point anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Long shot, but anyone have technical details of a Da Bomb Harbinger trials bike?’ is closed to new replies.