Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Long Low Slack Roofrack
  • slackboy

Recently bought a Cotic Flaremax and I’m finding its a bit too long for the Thule 591 rack. I have to slide the front tyre mount off the front of the rack a little to make it fit and that bothers me for longer journeys.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for alternative racks that may fit a bit better?

cb200
    Free Member

Probably obvious but just checking – have you tried adjusting the middle clamping part so that it sits further back (allen bolts underneath) so that it situates the bike further back on the rack?

nickdavies

I’ve adjusted mine best possible and with my strive on I tend to have a bit of overhang on the front still, the front wheel carrier is off the front a little. I’ve done 1000’s of miles like that, once it’s strapped down it can’t move anyway. Never had a problem.

sillyoldman

Just turn the bars 180 – takes 90+mm off wheelbase.

roverpig

I put my large FlareMax on a 591 without any problems. As @cb200 said I did need to slide the whole mechanism back a bit though.

slackboy

Ta. I didn’t realise the mechanism moved on the rack. I’ll give that try.

TiRed

Ta. I didn’t realise the mechanism moved on the rack. I’ll give that try.

It’s how I run four racks, alternating directions but clamping with two nearest each side after reversing two clamps. Took a while to actually RTFM but was worth it.

dhrider
    Free Member

I slid the whole mechanism on mine too as my Nukeproof Mega & Ragley Bluepig we’re over hanging a bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Long Low Slack Roofrack’ is closed to new replies.