Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Llandegla – Drop off Bridge
  • fossy

Went a couple of weeks ago on my own, first time for 18 months. Where has the ‘drop off’ bridge gone ? I somehow missed it, unless it’s gone due to forestry.

Was really strange riding past the drainage ditch, that was in the middle of a forest last time, it’s now in a ‘field’ – the trees have gone. Good to see the trees on the top are growing fast.

Didn’t spot the new berms, but the photo’s look good.

colp

It’s gone, there’s a decent jump in its place if you hit it quickly

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I meant to post this last week. Yep it’s gone. Complete sacrelige (sp) really. It was s beautifully designed piece of trail. Even after doing it dozens of times you still have this feeling of “shit they really have removed the last bit…”

Can’t believe they got rid of it…

Happy memories

fossy

Noooo – It was great for catching mates out that hadn’t ever been before, not so good if you were behind them and they panicked. Loved it.

Some good jumps gone in though, but not being a ‘jumper’ myself.

martinhutch

They should have just removed the last two sections 🙂

weeksy

Bah, I nearly crapped myself first time there, probably second time too actually!!!

fooman

Replaced with a bike park style dirt jump, all the rage I’m told. Quite a lot of work has been done over lockdown, quite a lot of fun riding.

reluctantjumper

Loved that bridge, was the signature feature of a day there. Guessing B-Line gas taken over that position now though.

Sad to hear they’ve replaced it with a standard jump, it seems to be the same everywhere right now. It really does feel like all the trail centres and bike parks are merging into one and the same, the different characters are disappearing. Actually found a bit of trail at BPW that is pretty much identical to the new section at the end of the Twrch, not surprising as they’re built by the same company but it is eery how they ride identically.

lawman91

The new section that’s replaced the drop is pants. The rock garden into it is nice but after that it’s just to hard to maintain speed for the jump at the end. The others changes they’ve made are good but not a fan of this section. The last descent is bad need of some work, some the holes and braking bumps there are getting out of hand. I blame e-bikes!

julians
    Free Member

The last descent is bad need of some work, some the holes and braking bumps there are getting out of hand

which descent? the very last one before you get back to the cafe? I quite like its relatively rough nature, I wouldnt want it smoothed out. And it doesnt feel like its got any worse than it ever was to me anyway.

jamj1974

One of the best features IMHO. Hopefully, the skills sections is unchanged. That’s one of the best things there.

colp

The new section that’s replaced the drop is pants. The rock garden into it is nice but after that it’s just to hard to maintain speed for the jump at the end.

You should get yourself an ebike, makes it so much easier.

The reworked B Line is great now, actually some proper jumps you can fit at a decent speed. Need to rag it to clear the last table & hip

devbrix
    Free Member

It really does feel like all the trail centres and bike parks are merging into one and the same

We should be so lucky. Come to Haldon Forest the main trail centre in Devon where the most excitement you’ll get is a decent cream tea.

lawman91

You should get yourself an ebike, makes it so much easier.

The reworked B Line is great now, actually some proper jumps you can fit at a decent speed. Need to rag it to clear the last table & hip

I’m good thanks, at 29 and being fit enough to go up 3 mile climb in under 20 minutes with breaking too much of a sweat an ebike is a long way for me!

It just strikes me as a bit of trail that didn’t really need attention. I’m not a fan of all the jumpy stuff that seems to be appearing everywhere, not just degla. Maybe it’s because I’m not a great jumper or a bit old school, but give me a fast, steep-ish and rough/technical trail any day of the week.

The main issue I have with the last descent (Now called the Darkside) that leads back to the cafe is the roughness isn’t from the trail itself but the fact it’s ridden so much. There’s a large hole right before the boarded section that has claimed a number of rims that I know of (mine included) and to me it just needs a bit of TLC to spruce it. Aside from that I love it, great descent with some nice tables and the rock gardens at the end will keep you focussed if you hit them too fast!

ThePinkster

Haven’t ridden ‘degla for a while now, and not being a dig fan of jumps these days (too many injuries of old) are these new additions all rollable?

Used to love the bridge, shame it’s gone.

jonesyboy

I’ve seen plenty of accidents/injured riders there where people try and jump down the first angle then go all nose heavy and miss the steeper section imploding on the hardpack.

Not been for a while, still love the climb!

colp

Haven’t ridden ‘degla for a while now, and not being a dig fan of jumps these days (too many injuries of old) are these new additions all rollable?

Yep, all rollable, but flat out to clear them
    Very good trail building IMO

Houns

Years ago I found, and posted on here, a hilarious YouTube vid of a group of riders walking/sliding on their bums down it, sadly pre hack and I haven’t been able to find it since

mcnultycop

I came down that to find a bloke on the deck a good few years back. He didn’t know how he’d ended up like that but his face was messed up.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Nooo!

My ‘mate’ totally sandbagged me over that on my first visit to ‘degla.

timbog160

I’ll miss it as it was something of a signature feature. Having said that I am looking forward to seeing what they’ve done with the place!

russyh
    Free Member

I remember the first time I rode Degla, absolutely papped myself at the top of that.  Before realising it was a bit of an optical illusion.  Not been up there for years now, used to really enjoy it.  I’m sure it’s just like every other centre nowadays, overrun and worn out.

binman

They have done a lot of work on the track during lockdown, so it is fresh and alot faster with smoother and more bermed sections. Definitely not worn out. Great job done.

It is a shame the wooden structure has gone, made me wonder every time as I climbed whether the down slope was still there.

I think ebikes make it feel busier, as you have groups of riders going round at very different speeds. Someone is usually trying to pass you on the climbs, but it is relatively quiet during the week.

mahalo
    Blackflag
    Free Member

I like a lot of the new bits they have put in but you really do have to hit some of the jumps at warp 9, otherwise they just suck up all your speed and you get minimal air. Its forcing me to work on jumping technique and timing. I’m still crap but now i have something to aim for.

tthew

Sad to hear they’ve replaced it with a standard jump,

I think it’s a shame too, it was a bit of a unique feature. Not particularly a standard jump though, it’s a hip to a berm so if you can maintain a bit of speed, (I didn’t) it’s not just another massive tabletop or double.

chevychase

Real shame. Loved that as a feature. Papped myself first time, as did all my mates – and enjoyed taking people to watch them pap themselves too.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

My old local trail, loved that place. Back there in July, so can’t wait to try the new stuff.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ah it’s a shame it’s gone, just like everyone else the first time I rode it I took a bite out of my saddle.

I’ve often wondered how long it would survive, it’s not a hard thing to ride at all, but there’s a big penalty for getting it wrong, considering Cwmcarn has had to made so many revisions over the years because people have put claims in.

It really does feel like all the trail centres and bike parks are merging into one and the same

Yep, I don’t mind that sort of thing, big wide trails, lots of berms and other man made features, that’s a bit of me, but, along with the trees the TCs in Wales are all going that way.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mate spannered himself on the drop shore most spectacularly a few years ago, broke his shoulder amongst a few other things.

Still shit it’s gone though as I loved it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla – Drop off Bridge’ is closed to new replies.