Home Forums Bike Forum LLandegla and what else?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LLandegla and what else?
  • sharkattack

I’ve never been to Llandegla and I’m not familiar with the area. I’ve agreed to meet a mate there on Thursday or Friday next week depending on the weather.

I was thinking since I’ve got the week off and I never get to North Wales I could stay overnight somewhere and do a solo day somewhere else.

I’ve found out about the World’s End trail which looks alright. Not sure where I intend to sleep yet.

I’m open to suggestions for any 2 or 3 hour loops in the area. Something I can do on my own without the help of mountain rescue.

Thanks All.

bikecurious
    Free Member

Gwydir (Marin) is alright. There’s loads of obvious off piste on the main climb out of the carpark on the Llanrwst side which is easily lapable.

I’ve heard there’s some stuff in the woods by Cwm too but haven’t been there myself.

Mugboo

We’ve stopped on the campsite at the trout farm opposite Llandegla this year, very handy.

As above, lots of offpistey stuff at the Llanwrst end and the end above Betsw too.

chakaping

Gwydir (Marin) is alright. There’s loads of obvious off piste on the main climb out of the carpark on the Llanrwst side which is easily lapable.

I’ve heard there’s some stuff in the woods by Cwm too but haven’t been there myself.

The main track that crossed the climb is gone, sadly, but there are new steeper runs – particularly through the wall about 2/3rds of the way up.

And about 6 or 7 great little tracks from the top of the climb (some on TF).

Then there’s the runs the other way from the Sawbench car park (Granny smasher etc. on TF) and the awesome Rugby Club descent, not on TF but in the same direction.

That usually does me for 5 hours or so of riding.

Coed Cwm was awesome when I went in the dry, dunno about this time of year.

richardkennerley

Coed y brenin, antur stiniog, penmachno, marin all within a relativity short drive of llandegla

golfgtdude
    Free Member

Try and find an AirB&B near the A5 to put you equidistant between a few of these places.  Marin trail is OK but felt burnt out as there is loads of dull climbing on that one. Penmachno is hit and miss depending on how well its been managed this year, best check their facebook feed to see if its all running well. Coed-y-Brenin gets my vote, really enjoys that place in the past but the furthest away.

hatter

Not sure I’d brave Penmachno now, we did it in July and it was wetter than an otter’s pocket.

Fun, though, proper challenge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.