Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Linton/Saffron Waldren any offroad riding to be had?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Wlll be visiting inlaws next week Tues?Wednesday but taking my bike so any locals around during the day early evening!

Or if there are any routes to upload to a gps

Rich

Andy

Hi Rich – I’m from Saffron Walden and folks lived in Linton for a while. The off road is pretty rubbish tbh – and if its wet the clay is a nightmare. Where are you actually staying? Andy

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Your best bet is to get in the car and go to Thetford.

rocket
    Free Member

Thetford or Epping Forset. Or a road bike – nice roads / countryside in that area.

There is the roman road (bridleway) which I did once from just outside Cambridge that comes out on top of the hill at Linton – was about 10 miles each way. Looking at google maps it runs NW from top of Borley Wood above Linton, through Worsted Lodge, along top of the Gogs golf course, coming out on to Worts Causeway. I did it as an out and back. Not the most exciting off-road adventure though I’m afraid 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Staying in Linton for 3 days and me and the Mother In Law do not see eye to eye so I need to get out so anything is better than nowt.
    Will pick up a local map and go in search of the hidden stuff!

MrGreedy
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Linton/Saffron Waldren any offroad riding to be had?’ is closed to new replies.