Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spring in Scotland – Conditions & Ideas?
  • frosty87
    Free Member

What’s the riding in Scotland like this early in the year – thinking of Highlands or Cairngorms?

I’ve always wanted to head north of the border and it looks like I might have the time in April.

Cheers

bigjim

Nothing to see up there.

There is a pretty big Munros thread on here somewhere which might give you some ideas. April is good in that there won’t be many midgies yet, but at the moment there is a lot of snow in places, but none in others. Expect 4 seasons in one day in the mountains.

roverpig

Bring your skis 🙂

Seriously, most of the interesting trails have been under too much snow to ride for months and that doesn’t look like changing in the next couple of weeks at least. Maybe later in April will be fine though. Who knows.

frosty87
    Free Member

That’s interesting. Will the trails be boggy once the snow melts?

Late April would probably be better for me time wise anyway. Where’s good to stay?

CraigW
    Free Member

Its been dry and sunny in the northwest highlands for a few weeks. Not much snow, except high up.

robbieclay

Cairngorms much more likely to be snowy than West Highlands. Once snow clears, trails are generally rocky and well drained, so it’s all go! End of April often the very best time of year – cool, clear and midge free. Kinlochleven, Fort Bill, Torridon, Gairloch, Ullapool all exceptional riding – what kinda trails you looking for Frosty?

the_lecht_rocks

Awesome skiing up the Gorm at te mo, forget te mtb and get on piste.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spring in Scotland – Conditions & Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.